Meepo & Newbee cloning SRB trucks. Same company? (update: answer is no)

He’s working on something that is close to being complete. Will be applicable to street boards. I can neither confirm of deny my involvement with this.

2 Likes

I know, that’s why I was saying his design is pretty different. I don’t think Newbee and Meepo are the same at all. It sucks Moe is getting blatantly ripped off by Meepo and I am not surprised. Acedeck and Omni/Linn will be next I bet.

These rods do look a lot easier to adjust and having a hanger around the bare axle is nice. They’ll never compete with 3links on the race track though.
Also watch them go through all this effort but the bushings be complete ass.

3 Likes

Good point

1 Like

@Evwan
waiting

Any other unfounded proclamations?

Edit: flag beater…

“Fragile” is definitely the wrong word tho

4 Likes

You found a single issue of wrong assembly by the customer. Try again.

5 Likes

If Moe doesn’t get royalties (edit: swap royalties for credit, a simple “Inspired by the 3link truck design created by SRB we’ve created the…” would suffice to me” on this zero respect for newbee or meepo.

Limiting the motion using the rods and putting the axel in line with the bushing are core to his design.

I see some cool possible improvements in the design and I’m not against seeing new versions of 3links from other brands but credit is due here.

3 Likes

It sucks but thats how business works, especially in the modern world of designs being very easy to replicate overseas. Royalties are pretty much unheard of for something like this. Something to note is they have very different customer bases, I can’t imagine the last time someone had a stooge and a meepo on a comparison table, the trucks are just one part of a board and I don’t think meepo, in particular, will have a notable impact on his business, newbie maybe. It sucks for the domestic small business but this has been the same story for the past 20 years and longer, ultimitley it will force innovation and the better product will come out on top, I have a really hard time imagining that meepo will be the better product though, they don’t have the same understanding of a race board that stooge has by a mile and they can copy the design all they want but the customer personalization, support, and quality will almost certainly never compare.

8 Likes

got any more pics? cause the one in the instagram post half covered looks nearly exactly the same as the meepo patent… thus my original questions.

1 Like

If Ethan wants to share more I’m sure he will.

But after the outcry of hate he probably won’t lol

5 Likes

that’s changing right now. :crossed_fingers:

I have seen more but they aren’t really mine to share unfortunately. Maybe @Ean.esk8 can weigh in.

FTFY… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Post the pics please.

3 Likes

This isn’t really the solution I was hoping for. A universal mount pattern (22mm²) would be more ideal. For me, the threaded rod system just doesn’t do it. That much is personal preference.

3 Likes

I don’t have any pics but I wouldn’t post them if I did haha

2 Likes

ok, i was shared in private some photos. and can say that the top portions of the truck do look distinctly different from the meepo patent.

Thanks.

no worries. someone helped me out.

6 Likes

Yup

5 Likes

Affordable 3-link trucks, Im down.

Stooge 3 links are 800 euros shipped here including customs etc.

9 Likes

Im always open to innovation in the space. shrug

5 Likes