Meepo Hurricane Discussion

You could easily make some money back from selling the deck. I’m sure a lot of people here would love a carbon unibody with enough room for their larger batteries. You could keep the deck of course, I’m just not into carbon decks, and I believe I’m not the only one.

The 13s4p 21700 898.56WH battery/bms is great, or the metal casing from the Hurricane. The motors as well, the TKP truck setup from the Zeus, and If you already have a descent VESC in hand, you’re getting a great value for the price.

1600$ for the board itself or all the individual parts that could be use in various ways is a good deal, as far as i can see.

2 Likes

Yeah tbh the deck would probably be one of the selling points for me, the only thing I’d like to replace is the ESC and maaaaybe swap the motors out for something bigger. But I’d definitely still use the motors for something else

3 Likes

Exactly. How much would you think some people here would pay for the deck? A big quality carbon fiber unibody with room for much larger batteries than ever before (on mass procured unibody decks carbon decks)

2 Likes

Yeah good point, I thought you just don’t like the deck but if you’re in it for a bundle of parts to sell/trade up then it sounds like a decent plan tbh

i want the TKP setup from zeus and the rest from hurricane :joy: but im poor either way, so im not getting any of the two

5 Likes

The deck is the quite good actually. I thought I was going to hate the carbon deck but OB did a great job on it. I’d change the battery and esc and that’s about it. This is by far the most stable board I’ve own so far.

3 Likes

I highly doubt it on this forum, maybe on reddit or facebook.

Multiple people have tried to sell carbon fiber enclosure decks here before and most of the time no one buys. The compartments are just too small usually.

If I were to buy one of these boards I’d either just ride it as is, or replace the esc with a vesc. Both setups are incredible

1 Like

Yes, that’s my point. I believe these are the first mass produced carbon fiber unibody decks with battery compartment this big, big enough to fit at least a 13S4P, if I’m not wrong that quite a bit more room than in a Carbon GT deck. The carbon fiber afaik is also better quality. I’m convinced you could sell it quite easily in this forum.

But yes, keeping the deck is fine if one likes decks like that. Still great value no matter what, once you replace the ESC.

2 Likes

What “small” esc can safely use for 13s?

Safe is a relative term. If you want small the best thing is likely a stormcore 60D+ but you have to be careful at full battery

1 Like

if u upgrade the motors on the meepo hurricane how is the lingyi ly-foc esc able to know the new spec like on vesc we will go to motor wizard and to setup how is the lingyi esc doing it

1 Like

Not sure, I know one of the new escs, I think the HW has auto detection

what about the old lingyi esc

I don’t think it has that feature, but the old one is BLDC so maybe it works with other motors, just roughly

Not sure why you’d upgrade just the motors though on a non vesc based board

Opposite of what you should do. Ditch the esc for something vesc based.

While their new esc may be better, even a lot better, pretty unlikely those motors are maxed out.

5 Likes

i have vesc i my build i was just wundering how the lingyi esc did it seeens u are not able to program it

Lingyi is the poor man’s china esc

They’re selling the deck for 2200cny ($343.87) on taobao.

3 Likes

Lmao that was fast.

holy shit, meepo is doing promotion rn. hurricane is only 1300 for AT, 1399 for AT + 90mm

4 Likes