Meepo Hurricane Discussion

I know about the new ESC, ordered one…but still I wonder…I have seen a post about Samsung 48g cells being in there…thoose have a 10A max continuous discharge limit…so if you want to keep them going healthy they need to be limited on 2/3 so about 7Amps…

If this is the case it explains a lot…

Nah they’re supposedly the Panasonic ncr21700t, also known as Tesla model 3 cells. The weak low end acceleration is also the fault of the esc.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I like the Zeus but can’t get around the fact about the Esc debacle…and the fact that I was banned from posting on one of the social media platforms and got no anwser why until exactly the day my warranty runs out. I understand, yes they are “Supposed” to be the Panasonics…but no one had physicaly confirmed that as of now…or not that I know of…

If the cells in there are any weaker(max continuous discharge) than the Panasonics and the new ESC is programmed for a higher discharge rate, that could be a plan for a pre-retirement of the battery pack)…

And since then most of the warranty periods are gone by then, no one(user) cares any more, but the company does(another pack sells)…

Just my thoughts, I am still riding the Zeus, although I had a chance to try out the Hurricane for a few minutes…
Was blown away…that thing rips vs the Zeus…

Yeah as Evan mentioned, salvaged Tesla 3 cells.

We swapped his esc for a stormcore and he was loving the boost in acceleration and braking but noticed the voltage sagging on hard accel almost immediately.

A new pack with a vesc would be the best bet for overall performance increase.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for chiming in…I know I am trashing the Hurricane thread with the Zeus stuff…got caried away…will stop with this post✌

The last day I got the first low battery at 25% full :face_with_monocle: nit strange…I would not expect it so soon.

So did you open the pack to check the cell manufacturer or is this info from the online channels…?

By salvaged you mean cells from used/crashed Tesla’s?(that would mean Ob sold something used(even if restored-something like that should be stated somewhere) in a new product?)

I

3 Likes

Nice, so it’s basically a lottery…you get a decent pack, but never know…I know about Mooch’s testing…been following for a while…also an area of interest as I am an electrical engineer…

Will definitely think twice on my next eskate buy…I wonder if the new Hurricane is coming with the new wonder cells from the nr. 1 cell manufacturer :nerd_face::zap::smiley::muscle::zap:

Or on the other side I am leaning to gear drives a bit…:face_with_monocle::zap::v:

1 Like

Orrrr you could build a DIY lol

4 Likes

Yeah :love_you_gesture: I guess I didn’t put it out there clearly enough…am thinking on a diy with gear drives :zap::muscle::+1:

1 Like

thinking of picking up the hurricane, initially, i was thinking of putting a stormcore in there, is there a power gain from doing this? Any other swaps that are worth doing?

There is always something to gain if u do a vesc swap on small EV, be it more control over current amps, throttle curve, or even ability to log ur ride. Is it necessary? Not really, but they r nice to have.

Possibly, but that’s up to ur preference after u ride the board as is, and then change things that u don’t quite like.

Have you guys seen that Meepo is selling a 100A ESC for the Hurricane on their site? Thoughts?

3 Likes

Wow! Speed mode 4 is already too much!

1 Like

This is how new ESC for hurricane look like:

I have no idea if it’s 100A or 70A but it’s quite different that stock one in mine board.

7 Likes

Interesting, looks more robustly built than other chinese esc’s I’ve seen

3 Likes

it has to be the 100a version, i have the 70a version and there is no screw

With phase wires finally thicker than human hair.

4 Likes

i bet it is still that thin, but now it’s easily replaceable

2 Likes

Can one of you please just comment that the 100A ESC will most likely be close to overkill for the Hurricane, so my desire to just buy+try will be triggered even more??

1 Like

100A is way too much, I wouldn’t get it! Not even thinking about it! I don’t have it in the cart!

1 Like