Meepo Gear Drives

I just wanna know why it says LINNPOWER

What do you have to say for yourself @Linny ?

2 Likes

What about LinnPower? That’s where they originated

Is LinnPower a subsidiary of Newbee?

1 Like

Lin stole the 4gs design from newbee.

1 Like

I get kinda tired of the drama. The design is definitely ‘inspired’ but it’s certainly not a straight rip.

9 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/pkz9h3/surprised_no_one_has_shared_this_yet_meepo_is/ I guess these have been cooking for a while?

1 Like

Yeah hard to say without knowing the full story

In any case, they look interesting, and the fact of the matter is since it’s compatible with Meepo Hurricane off the bat, it’s instantly going to sell more

1 Like

Yep - I found the Linnpower account and tubeless wheels like 4 or 5 months ago

1 Like

It wasn’t me man… :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I would say if somebody was trying to pin a “stolen” design on me :thinking:

I’m not convinced.

1 Like

I got nothing to prove to you ur just jealous!!!

1 Like

From what Bill tells me, there isn’t much to be worried about :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I came across these somehow on IG back in July. linnpowerstore. Im guessing meepo is hiring them to design/make them? Probably did their cyclone wheels too.

3 Likes

Dunno about the OG but they did do the tubeless

3 Likes

I know super beast had issues with their gears failing and seizing up. I kinda have a feeling with how meepo is low budget it’ll probably fail a bunch too. Along with what everyone else says, its probably loud af too

1 Like

@Ean.esk8 could you comment? lots coments about stolen design

NgotoriousTx
its probably loud af too

If it’s a similar 4-gear design like the Newbee drive (which is quiet af) then it’s probably actually not that loud. However as much as I am loving my gear drive, gears failing and seizing scares the shit out of me and I’m definitely suspect of a gear drive that might not have had the best testing or QC.

3 Likes

Some pictures is identical, this the third times my design get cloned…

Look at the date…the prototype 4GS design is from 1/19/2021

The DKP drives… vs flipsky drive
First post from sep…2019

And our prototype truck…VS flipsky truck.

4 Likes

Linn is start working for meepo before the hurricane launched.

3 Likes

Cause its a render not a photo most likely. Not saying thats the case here but the typical black background generally screams render.

1 Like

straightcut and helical sound very different, couple with 2 extra idle gear, it could amplify the sound by quite a lot

3 Likes