Meepo AWD Pro Upgrade

Do you have or have access to a spot welder for the battery pack? That, soldering equipment, and protective gear are the only big stuff. You’ll also thank yourself if you have loctite, kapton tape, fish paper sheets and insulator rings, extra lengths of wire, extra connectors like MR60 and/or XT90 on hand before the big work starts

1 Like

They have improved over the years. They used to be pretty shit but with the help of the forum they replaced wrong resistors and now added a big TVS diode. Build quality is meh but okay for the price.
It all depends on what you want to pay.
There are multiple ways to kill a vesc maybe you exeded the max erpm with a 190Kv+ motor. that can also happen with more expensive vesc

yeah fair fair, but for what it’s worth my dead one was just a couple of months ago and did have that big diode. Part of the 5V supply shit the bed because they used a cheapo diode that couldn’t handle a spike and shorted to ground

2 Likes

The battery pack will be made by someone I know. Ready with bms and charge port.

2 Likes

Oh I misread created for you, I thought it said created BY you. Yeah then you’re good

So I think il go with the Flipsky escs. Do you guys recommend the 4.20 or the 4.20 plus?

1 Like

What is best to connect the phase wires to the ESC, bullet connectors, mr30, mr60? Something else?

Depends on the enclosure. Having an MR60 or MT60 epoxied into the side of the enclosure is useful for waterproofing + disconnecting the motor when opening the enclosure up. On the other hand, bullet connectors are usually the default and allow for more flexibility – particularly if you want to remove / replace an ESC or motor. I’m actually using both on an upcoming build, lol.

If you do use bullet connectors, I recommend adding some tape around them to keep them from coming loose. + to electrically isolate them

1 Like

Thank you Rusins

1 Like

Yeah basically +1 on rusins, with the addition that you probably shouldn’t use MR30 unless there’s a weird situation like super tight space savin. You might not absolutely need MR60 for the hubs, but the size/cost difference is so small that it seems a no brainer.

I personally prefer MR60 to bullets because they’re easier to connect as one and always have in the same polarity, plus what rusins said about being able to epoxy them in, and I’d emphasize that if you’re using bullets you really want to insulate them individually when they’re installed so you don’t short two adjacent ones out on eachother and it makes them more of a pain to disconnect (doesn’t happen with MR, again why I prefer)

1 Like

Thank you Mr.Shiteside. I’ll follow up when everything comes in.

2 Likes

Did you get anywhere with this in the last month? Seems like a cool idea, I’m kind of interested in hubs for a compact lower power build now

1 Like

I am still waiting on my battery

My FSESC 4.20plus crapped out. The button doesn’t power on, neither does any lights on the ESC, a connected receiver lights up though. I message Flipsky sky and they told me this

The only available vescs that are not Flipsky are the Focbox tenka. So I decided to order those. I am in waiting.

3 Likes

Should’ve bought a Stormcore 60D+.

1 Like

rip lmao but why did you buy hubs only to install AT wheels

I would dispute the charge with your credit card / bank if they’re refusing to replace VESC’s that were DOA - it’s ridiculous

6 Likes

I can go anywhere silently :blush:

At the beginning, I really should have.

You are on to something. I will definitely see what I can do