MCRN Rocinante | Haero Bro | 20s4p | Corvette-class

Christ! You do look like Holden! :astonished:

I hope you don’t do that soppy sad face he does. Makes me wanna slap the taste out of his mouth.

2 Likes

Dang, what controller/motor combo is that?

1 Like

N̵̡̢͍̥̫͚̹̘̺̖̆̈́̑͆̈́̓́̾̃̈́̈́́͐̅̄͛́̍͒̋̕̕͝͠ï̶̧̨̢͕͙̠̪̺̤̩̭̤̻̰̯̠̝̪̹͇͇͊̊̊́̍̌͐͋̓͑͌̿̂̅͒̓̉͐̿̈́̆̋̓͆̈̀͘̚͠ͅc̴̝̑̊̌͌̐̈́̏͆͌̒́̎͛̊̌̉͂͆͊͘͝͝͝͝ȩ̴̧͙͚͓͉̤̺̬̠͚̗͚̜̟̹̣̹̞̳̜͔̰̳̪͗̈̈̎̑͜͜͜͠ͅ ̸̨̦̙̳̮̯̩̜̘̫̝̥̟̬͚̻̘̬̺̭̤͕̹̥̣̀͐̆̂ḇ̸̨͓̜͓̻̞͕̜̲̞̩͚͙̝̞̖̫̙̘̊̋̀͐̋̓̂̒͂̎̾̿͗̽̀̓͑͘͝͝͠ͅo̵̡̨̨͈̱̯̟̳̮̯͈̩̲͓̓͋̈́̄̓̈́͑́̀̌̾̔́͝a̶̛̭̮̜͔͙̰̰͎̰̻̝̬̗̹͎̥̪̝̮̼̺̟̤̪̔̿́͒̇̒͐̽͆̉̈́̆̑̆͂̀̚͜͜r̸̡̠͚̞̲͚̼̪̗͈͎͛́͜͠d̶̟̖̀̅̅̈́̇́̐̾͆̓͒͝ ̸̰͍̣̗̦̱́̀̐̍͂̄̇͗̒͛̊͗̽͝͝͝͠d̸̨̢̛͚̖͚̞̩̯̜͖̝͍̖͍̥̘̜̰̈̔̽́̽̓̇͑͋̔͌͒̑͆́̄́̐͐̿̇̒̀̕̚̚͠͝ͅụ̶̣̞͕͇̟͇̍̓̑͆̾̈́̈́͑̍̒̆̑̋̽̌̄̿̋̃̾̀̂͘͠͝͝͠ͅd̴͙͔͈̝̠̱̻̙̗̗̼̮̖̩̱̭͇̹̻͕̥̲̜̠̹̤̫̳̅́̾̈́̓̓̀̍̓̂̇̾͋̽̔̍̓̈́ͅe̵̲̤͍͓͇̮͔̩̖͖̺̹̳͙͈̰̩̘͌͌́̓̔͛̌͂̂̌͒̉̿̈͑̉̂̈́̋̿͑.̶̡̣̟͓̹̜̞̘̬̜̹̱̝̟̠̰̦̖̰̫̗͓̺̟̇̿͐͐͑̾̀̂͐̓̀̒̒́̊̄̎̑̚͝ ̵̧̛̥̩̟̯͔̹̼͉̫̈̐̓̾̒̀̅̾̓̓͑̐̀̉́̓͊̄͝͝D̸̬̜͋͒͛̑͜ō̴̢͎̠͖̙͕͖̟̩̗̹̮̳͇̩͇̩̫͓̜͚̜̦͜͜n̴͓̭̫̼͈̭̤̻̳̣͚͑̿̃́̏́͛͛̔̊̇͌́͒̽̈̓̐̓̓̏̆̃̒̈́̊́̃́͑͜’̷̧̢̪̝̮̝̝̦̲̼̯̯̩̞̟̝̭̝̲̐̎̋͜t̶̨̟͖̱̗̱̙͍̒͆̆͗͊͐͐̉ͅ ̸̙̗̠̉̈́̽̈̏̑͊̑̒͑́̍̆̅̊͗̅̐͗̔̕f̴̨̧̨̛̥̪̘̯̭͙̜̰̹̭̩̳̘̮͕̣̤̤̠̳̖̉͆̓̑̊̑̎͆̃͋̈̀͂͋͊̔́͌̀͊͛̽̄̂̾̚͜͜͝ͅͅo̴̢̤̺̦̩̲̞̦͈̣̥̤̬̖̣͉̞̯͇̥͔̟͓̹̼̺̭̣͆̈̐̒͒̄̎͐͋̚ŗ̷̧͇̝̼̀̃͘͠ĝ̸̢̮̫̲̈́͗͗͐̔̉͊̆̕͘ę̵̦̜͎̫͈̳̱̖͍͒̾̏͊̈́͝ͅţ̷̹̫̺̱̮̦̞̲̩̎ ̵̧̧̛̙̥͉̜̜̺͈̥̙͙̝̭̫͔̖̭̭̳̫̘̱̫̈͋͊̒͒̍̀͑͘̚͜͠ͅͅy̴̡̧͔͖̜͍̪̟̳̠͐̾̉̋̄̿̀͛̽́̿́̈́̈́̀̾̃̀̿̈́͜͠͝ö̸̡̨̺͚̜́̄̄̎͊͗̃̈́̍̾̌̅̾͗̿̈̾̀͐̊́̉͝ͅu̵̢̡̨̢̱̱͉̖̫̻̗͐̏̅̅̉̿̕̕r̴̛͍͖̫̠̯̭̘̩̤̂̽̔̈́̔̑̈́̍̽̿̂̀̄̃̑̿̆̃̀̇͘͜͝͝͝ͅ ̷̛̛̰͇̟̲̆̅͂͗̈́̑̑͋̿̈́͗̇̀̀̆̐͆͘̕͝͝͝͝w̴̳̥̙͕̩̦̮͛͌̂̌̀̉̏͐̀͛̽͌̀͘͜͝ͅȩ̴̡̨̞̳̳̙̜̤̲̯̻͍͓̤͓͉͓̳̻̫̦̯͋̌̃̿̏̎̿̾͋̐͜͠ͅͅȩ̸̨̢̨̼̜͚̻̺̖̭̠̺̺̦͍̭͍̗̜͓̞̣͓̤̰͙̘̘̐̀̐̾̑̒͗́͐͒̿͑̑̍̉͆̔̓̐͘͜͝k̸̙͔͕͎͓̱̠͓͇̩̲̳̱͚̤͇̻̳̻̙̣̦͇̗̦͙̗̅͂͐̐̆̓͂͝l̶̨̛͖͚̟̻͙͙̎̽́̌̆̀̓̃̾͊͗̔̈̀̏͛̀̇͛͑̈̚̚̕̚͜͝͝ÿ̸̢̧̢̦̘̦̥̐ ̴̛̤̘̐̈́͋̽̑͛̽̿̈́̏̅̇͑͆͑̄̅͋͛͂́̆͝ş̴̡̛̺̦̲̙͉̥̞̬͉͖̘̩̫̈́́̈́̓̽̊̀̋̌͆̈́͜͠ą̷͈̱̤̰̩̦̜̯̻͍̝̝̺̖͙̺̖̺͕̦̮̮̐́̋̔̊̐̌͌̀̓̆̇̋̐͑̽̈́̓̚̕̚͝͝ç̶̧̻̺̞̬̀͆̾͛̑̀̀̈̊͌̚͝ͅr̶̨̞̝̹̜̗̦͉͖̤͎͛̿̅̆̓͋̊̌͜ͅi̵̩̞̼͎̱̳̼̣̼̻̣͉̒͛̃̓̅f̶̨̡̞̗̫̟͉̙̻͕͈̍́͊̆̊͛͂̉̊̐̏͂̿͑̔̅̀̇̽́̓͐͑̇̆̈͘į̴̲̬̈́̃͐̂̒̾̏̃̒̔̈́͑͝c̶̡̛͚̯̻͓̱̟̝͚͓̣̗̰͕͒͌͂̋͆̂̔̓̉̎̌́͗̄̅͂͋̌́͒̈́̕͘͘e̴̡̨̢̛̪̠̖̠͎͙͚̰̻̗̯̪̜̘̦̮̹̟͆̈́̀̾͐̊́̓̇̋̆͋̋͊̉̾͐̋̎͋̚͘͘͝͝͠͠͠ͅ ̷̢̢̡͖̟̳͇̤̪̻̰͓͚̳͓͕͓̫̟̪̝͕͓̥͖̩͔͔̇̽͊̒̀̂̋̄͒͆́́̓̾̀̚ţ̶̡͕̩̞̗̘̦͈̟͖͖̯̱̩̜̆̆͑̃̏̽͂̌͗̌̒̑̈́̏̆̈͘̚͝ơ̶̢̢̭̻̝͉̤̰̝̗̥͍̲̫̤̥͈̗̳̘̼̖͕̻͉͖̱̲͆͂̂̊̀͌͛̆̎͒̌̈́̂̆̎̉̐̒͛̐̔͗̾́̕̚͝͠ͅ ̴̛̪̻͖̘͔̼̇͊͋̽̿̀̓̕̕͝t̴̡̡̥͕̤̼̭̪̰̤̍̈̓̅̍́͗̃̊̀͑̀h̶̡̝͖̝̣̬͑̍̈̉̈̇̅̀ȩ̵͖͓̳̞̝̞̺͕̈́̑͐͗͊́́̔̊́͊͋͠ ̸̧̝̝̖̥̭̣̦͖͉̼̼̹̥̬̮̦̲̲͇͒̄̋̈́̽͑̀̅̓͗̀̀̚̚ͅƠ̵̛̫̆͗̀̐̈́̓̐͊̉̂͋̍́͐͐̂̉̕͘͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅl̶̢̨̡͈̻̜̬̙͎̞̝̪̻͚͗͌̈́̒́ḓ̸̛̛̰̱͈̓͆̋͛̓̀̎̾̈́̀̿̀̅̈́̿́̾̍͒͘͝͝͠ ̴̺͓̟̘̯̼͓̺̯̗͕͉̒̇̇͗͑̎̇͆̅̂̊̏̚̕̕͝G̶̢̳͓̤͙̦͇̗̘͔͔͒̄̑͊͌͛̋̈́̆̌̽̒̀̋̿̌̋̄̋̚̕͜͝o̷̯̹̝͘d̶̢̡̨̲̪̲͔̜̜̳̗͙͙̲̮̞͖̤̫͉̤͓͐̄̾͐̄̒̾̇̊̄̃͑̒͊̋̀̈́̈̿̄͊̕͘̕̕͜͝ͅs̷̛̛͚̜̼̩͉̀̇͊͛̍̍̋́͆̒͗̈́͊͜.̸̡̩̩̻̗̹̬͇͇̩̼̹͓̻͓̩͔̦̙̩̗͕̘͖̰̈͌̆̓͝

1 Like

BAC8000 and the stock sur ron motor!

4 Likes

Speaking of surrons, I managed to beat a stock surron (with a child on it, no more than 100lbs) in multiple drag races lol

4 Likes

Not surprised! Stock is 16s and doesn’t put out as many amps as it should haha. Plus the thing weighs 125lbs or so.

Now race my sur ron and I’ll be seeing you in my mirrors :yum:

But honestly how do you not fly off the board with that acceleration and no bindings :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha no doubt about that!

Very carefully lol

4 Likes

yeah, the stock one is really slow. My buddy has a Molicel 20S8P 42A BAC8000 upgrade which is night and day. Can’t beat it of the line. It goes in about 3s from 0-50km/h. Fastest I measured so far on a board was 4,6s on the 12S8P Interceptor AWD. I have much faster boards but my balls are not big enough to max them out.

@jack.luis you might be a braver rider as I’m. Do you habe a Draggy to measure your 0-31mph time? I guess about 3s should be possible.

2 Likes

I don’t, but I should

1 Like

Anyone building fast boards should have a dragy… Ive got a code for them as well… ASTROTECH

1 Like

I only see 0-60 being the slowest timer, can you confirm it does 0-30mph?

1 Like

Yeah you can do custom (For example 0-15, 300ft etc)

2 Likes

oh hell yeah

2 Likes

It is very handy, you can configure multiple trap speeds.
I have set mine from 0-100km/h for every 10km/h. You could also go every 5km/h if you want to have a more accurate acceleration curve.
Additionally you can record the runs on your phone which is a cool feature as well.

Looks so good! Love it, the red really pops :dancer:

1 Like

Do you have any pictures of how you made the inserts into the deck?

I used these and followed the instructions on the bag for the drill bit size.

I used a very short M4 button head bolt to drive em in place

1 Like

Thanks! So the edge of the buttonhead runs into the deck making sure the insert sits perfectly flush? And did you use any epoxy on the inserts?

1 Like

Yes,

also, no epoxy :grimacing:

The first time I fully closed it up I expected something not to work (always the case it seems) so I didnt add epoxy.

Turns out I got it all right the first time so I never opened it up again lol

The next time I open it ill add the epoxy

2 Likes

As long as it works 🤷 but I guess some epoxy to lock them in wont hurt. Im also thinking about the workflow for drilling the holes in the enclosure and deck. I guess first drill the enclosure, then put enclosure on the deck and mark the holes with a sharpie, then drill the insert pockets/holes into the deck?

1 Like