Mbs trucks stable at high speed?

Can’t find any discussion in this forums about MBS trucks. I want to know these trucks suitable for high speed 25 to 35miles? Can someone share your experienced about MBS trucks. I’m just curious because I’m running cheap Chinese trucks doing alot off road riding and daily commute it might snap soon!:joy:

1 Like

Matrix 2 yes. Very stable for me at 30+. I’m running yellow/orange split though so the back is more stiff and dampening.

3 Likes

I would say that trampa or kaly trucks might be more stable at high speed due to there wider spring position and more options to set them up for your needs.
I like my Matrix2 as well.
I would recommend to get all sets of shock blocks (or try to find 2 of each used) and than just combine them how they work best for you.
I think there is no general rule which shock blocks will work for you. It very much depends on your weight, riding experience and if you use bindings or not.

3 Likes

I’ve used the mbs ats12 trucks and the matrix 2 trucks and hit 30+ easily. Matrix 2 I’m running orange shocks front, red back. I want to try yellow / orange out to see if it’s still stable for me at speed.

1 Like

what’s the usual “go-to” trucks? Trampa or Matrix 2?

Trampa has lots of fans so you see them used more.

But then again mountainboards started in europe so many are partial to trampa. Plus shipping is easier for them.

I find their website to be a nightmare no matter how nice the products look. I’ve gotten to ride trampa, kaly, mbs, and Lacroix hypertrucks. Straight up, I don’t like springs. They responded too oddly for me and need damps.

I’m loving the matrix 2. Immediately felt natural on them when turning. Spring trucks would rebound/bounce me back when trying to turn hard which I don’t like. The urethane shock blocks are more forgiving in turns and don’t bounce back as much. They increase resistance the more you turn.

My $0.02

8 Likes

Yes

:joy:

6 Likes

I didn’t realize mbs trucks 12mm axle size😂 it’s wont fit on my current setup has 8mm axle size.
Any recommendations; I need 72t hub, and motor Mount. Where to buy with reasonable price?

Mbs has an 8mm version of their ats trucks. Not mountainboard specific, more of a hybrid all terrain truck.

I wouldn’t build an mtb with anything less than 10mm axles.

2 Likes

MBS 50km/h, yellow front orange back, no problems and always at full throttle…

2 Likes

Have not tried any trampa trucks yet, but ive rode Matrix 2’s and it was very stable at 30+

Setup was yellow shock blocks front and back

3 Likes

But you like 140cm and 45kg… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Is that true? I always thought modern mountain boarding started in Colorado in the early 90’s with MBS, but also read that it started in the UK and Australia at the same time. Hard to find concrete, unbiased information on the actual history & origins.

And back on topic, I’ve gone 25+mph on Matrix 2 trucks with NO shock blocks up front and only yellow blocks in the rear with no hint of speed wobble. I was only wearing helmet and gloves at the time, so I didn’t want to push it further, but was quite surprised at how stable it felt. Now I run yellows up front and orange in the rear. Nice and maneuverable and plenty stable at speed.
@AlanZhou

2 Likes

Anybody got an extra yellow shock block they want to send me? No one runs double yellow so there has to be one floating around.

1 Like

@808Chopz. Hey Dude, I just finished a build using these mbs 12mm axle trucks on the “elofty direct drive discussion” thread. I modified them to fit the motors directly. They are great super tough trucks, stable and amazing value for money. Hope any info helps. X

1 Like

do you have some red ones to trade with maybe? I have some yellow left over @Venom121212 :wink:

@808Chopz. Hey Dude, I just finished a build using these mbs 12mm axle trucks on the “elofty direct drive discussion” thread. I modified them to fit the motors directly. They are great super tough trucks, stable and amazing value for money. Hope any info helps. X

1 Like

Peoples anyone has 2x :tangerine: shock blocks?

Damn. I figured everyone would have extra because they come in sets of 2 when you buy the trucks or 4 if you buy the blocks.

Mine came with one orange, one red.

1 Like

@Andy87 @Grozniy @other matrix users:

I’m ordering one yellow shock block from mbs, you guys need any? I get a discount for being super cool, would help offset shipping cost perhaps.