MBS - Input Appreciated

I appreciate the community’s input on some things. If this belongs somewhere else let me know.

4 Likes

First on the list is feedback on some deck shapes I’ve been playing with recently. Tonight’s battle is between G3 and E4.

• G3
  • E4

0 voters

6 Likes

its a tie! time to make both option :smiling_imp:

update time:

still a tie

2 Likes

Raw Decks if that helps…

8 Likes

Can you make the wings a little more pronounced? Maybe a little more off the wheel wells to account for motor mounts?

2 Likes

Green is the E4
Gray is the G3

Very similar but I like the more narrow tips for clearance.

10 Likes

Nice one @Venom121212. Here is the same thing with just the outlines.

They’re VERY similar with respect to function: waist width, width under foot. Even clearance is very similar at the point a pulley or a gear drive would actually hit it. So it’s mainly just a question of aesthetics.

Interesting to see it so evenly split so far… Curious to see if it diverges.

I guess another question would be does anyone strongly dislike either shape?

4 Likes

What if the E4 ends were on the G3?

8 Likes

I was thinking the same

3 Likes

Iam with You

3 Likes

13 Likes

I think a truly game changing idea would be a creative implementation of a customizable stance on your decks. A lot of e-folks ride a more positive positive or positive neutral stance because we tend to not ride switch that often.

A replacement plate that fits your existing template and goes between bindings and deck that allows ~45-90° rotation would be awesome. I’m imagining freeboard plates but without the ability to slip, so bolt holes instead of slots.

4 Likes

I like it. We’ve definitely played in that space before. Here’s one effort from a while back, circa 2005 maybe? The decks had standard snowboard 4 hole patterns. Maybe its worth re-examining that space. Thanks for the input.

7 Likes

You sir, just blew my mind!

2 Likes

Ooooh that looks sweet!

4 Likes

3 Likes

:pray: yes please

Counterpoint:

Getting customized binding placement for your board is also achievable with a drill bit, and a few extra holes. Which is something virtually anyone can do.

That’s not really an option that’s available to snowboards.

Once I get my bindings set the way I want them, I like them to stay the way I want them. And in that sense, adjustability can suddenly become a detriment. Its like when somebody drives your car and messes with your seat and mirrors.

One place I do see this as treading new ground might be, say, when I’m not the one riding my board.
Maybe the place for this is on a rental fleet, or a demo fleet.

The whole theme of this thread is getting feedback, and there’s been plenty of times I’ve gone to get feedback on a setup I’m working on, but there’s a hangup with my bindings working well someone else, and feedback doesn’t really move past that point.

6 Likes

I’ll take one for sure.

1 Like

Watch out there will probably be a meepo version out next week :rofl:

1 Like