Mboards pre-builts

Mboards has their new board out and they are selling a mtb build too. They do not really interest me but i was wondering what people think about them. The carbon street board is 2.6k while on sale and 2.8k normally and the MTB is 3k. Both have stormcore 60d+. Both have p42a packs with the street having a 12s8p and the mtb having a 12s6p. Also the streetboard comes with riptide bushing. Really dont like the cheap dkps and small motors/being belt drive on the street board besides that seems pretty good. The mtb seems to be good value if you want a Emtb and dont wanna diy it. And a trampa you have to deal with sourcing your own battery. Also cheaper then an apex. ( I know the apex is nicer lol) so seems to be a market for it.

5 Likes

I think both offerings are alright. The MTB is basically just a cheaper tier predator without most of the things that make the predator nice. It’s a good basic mountainboard.

As for the new prebuilt, I think it’s a pretty great offering. 12s8p battery is the biggest battery on any prebuilt I know of besides lacroix. The DKP aren’t for everyone, but there definitely is a market for them. They have riptide bushings in them by default so I expect they feel quite nice. I’m not one of the DKP haters so I don’t have a huge problem with it and find my own dkps with riptide to be very fun.

If anything, this gives EVEN LESS of a single reason to buy an evolve hadean. The endurance is probably something I’d actually want to ride every day.

7 Likes

Flux battery is pretty big

2 Likes

I feel like DKP is better when you have a flexy deck. on a stiff deck it feels unstable to me. DKP are really fin though at the right speed and setup. The kaly with the 12s8p is onsale for 3.1k so atm i feel like that is the better buy. but most everyone here would rather build their own with that $ anyway XD.

3 Likes

doesnt the production flux use 18650s?

Pretty sure it does. But its still a large pack, like 12s11p i think

1 Like

I think id rather have a 21700 12s8p. But on the flip side id rather have a flux. Just a better board for long range rides and speed. Also you dont have to get new trucks to upgrade to gear drive on the flux. But the nices thing about the flux os you can buy the deck and enclosure for a nice street build and you dont even have to fool around with cutting in a heatsink.

3 Likes

Ah forgot about that one. Are they technically still in production?

Also, when the dadbod is out, it will be bigger as well.

Afaik they are :man_shrugging:

I think it’s reasonable value. That haero deck is now being used as the goto platform, understandably as it’s a great deck.

I think it complicates things a little for the boys at Apex, and other similar vendors, as they will need to highlight the differences between their products. Emphasise the jump drives, battery, airs. (What makes them a premium option). As visually, they are all now looking similar propositions to the new eskate consumer.

5 Likes

Meh.

3 Likes

I’mma have to agree with you here. I loved my backfire hammer. I hated the hurricane.

1 Like

Maybe…

Or maybe we make a budget eMTB to compete. This is just $350 less than ours and has budget choices, they couldn’t even put the battery box on straight for the promo pictures :man_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

There has been a lot of complaining on facebook about people not getting things delivered from Flux for months. AFAIK shop is still open, but it’s worth talking with them about timelines before placing an order.

2 Likes

Matrix iii and the new MBS pro or comp deck would make a seriously kick ass budget board. Well, still $3k probably, but a little less in price.

4 Likes

Lol im glad im not the only one who noticed that. Like why would you use that for your promo pic. Also the no anti sinkplate on a 3k board is pretty cringe.

1 Like

Holy shit I only noticed this after you said something that’s quintessential Mboards lmao.

2 Likes

I got my flux enclosure like a week and a half after ordering it

4 Likes

well-i-never-gif-8

3 Likes

Shit I can’t unsee it either now, Mike needs to give that set manager a talking to :rofl:

1 Like