Mark One Boards Build & Design progress [serious]

there will also be a 185MM version since there is popular demand

2 Likes

So a little update in this topic is long overdue.

Whats new:

Decks

Both the Manta DIY as the Manta Pro are now available for purchase on our shop.

Whats the difference? I get alot as question.

The Manta DIY is what the name suggests, its a pure deck for a full DIY build from start to end.
The deck is untreated which makes it perfect for those who want to apply their own finish and/or color.

The size is 40" inch length and a true 10" width.

The Manta Pro however is a further developped Manta deck for those who require a bit more.
We looked at the layering and changed the ways of the woodgrain and also added 2 layers of glass fiber which are implemented at the third and seventh layer.

This makes for a total of 11 layers and no torsional flex .
We also chose for a nice mat black finish to give it that no nonsense look.

Trucks

Yesterday we sat once again together with our CNC man.
We are overall happy with the design of the hangers and motormounts but added some small extra details to them.
The Hangers will stay 240mm wide while the axles will be a total of 56mm with 19mm thread.
This makes for a usable axle space of 37mm which should be enough to accomodate most if not all wheels + pulley’s.

To the motormounts we added improved slotting for a better clearance between bolts and motors, and also added holes for crossbars.

The total package of hangers and Motormounts are extremely lightweight whilst being very strong.

To Do

• Finish the hangers and motormounts to have a working testset (which will be sent out to a chosen rider)
  • Wait for enclosures made by @BigBen for the decks
  • Create a full build with The Manta Pro and our hangers and mounts to showcase on events

Future plans

Once we get out of this phase and gather more funding we will look into ESC development and 63XX motors.*

• The timeline on this will depend on funding

For those who got this far into reading, I want to thank you :slight_smile:

Https:// MarkOneBoards.com

11 Likes

Any updates on the @BigBen enclosures?

I’m the one dragging my heels here. I had a long list of things to do when this enclosure dropped onto my list. Then there was the problem with the first batch of boards so this dropped further down the list. I’m trying to find the time but real life and the day job are getting in the way.

11 Likes

We are coming closer to finishing our precission trucks!

Today we have gotten our first working prototype.

Material hangers: T6 6082 Alu Alloy
Material axles: 12.9 steel
Hanger length: 240mm
Usable axle space: 56mm
axle thread: 19mm
Pivot cups: Riptide 96A
Bushings: Riptide WFB 88A
Baseplate: Paris or Caliber

We will start a build with these trucks real soon and start testing them in real world conditions.

9 Likes

We are allmost finishing up the testboard, which is aimed more for track riding (to test cornering ability and strength of our trucks)

Build so far:

ABEC 11 107mm superfly wheels
2x maytech 6880 motors
Focbox Unity
Mark one Manta Pro deck
Mark one 240mm trucks with adjustable baseplate
Riptide 88A WFB barrel bushings
Riptide pivot cups
36T wheel pulleys
15T drive pulleys
Temporary enclosure (Manta enclosure on the way)
Temporary 10s4p battery

Still to install:
12S battery (preferably with 30T cells)
Manta gf enclosure

9 Likes

Exciting news, The MK1 build is now undergoing testing.

Here some pictures of how the board looks (enclosure has been changed with custom BBen enclosure)

21 Likes

I want to see more of the enc!

love how shiny the trucks are BUT I do hope that logo is not on the final production versions - just a little much :wink:

3 Likes

yes the logo will be taken off, it was more like a test to see how it would look

1 Like

Will the motor shaft stick out like that?
Why not cut it or maybe do something like trampa with a cover and bearing.

Beautiful board overall really like it.

2 Likes

These motors are borrowed for test fitting, so won’t be cutting the shaft. @Chaki
This deck is mostly to test different setups (wheels, motors, pulleys) to make it as universal as possible.

By testing different setups I can decide what parts need to be adjusted to make them fit as much types of parts as possible.

The parts will all become available to purchase for DIY builders, but will also come in a kit for starting builders/ people who dont want to build.

2 Likes

Wait does this mean we can buy your deck with fibreglass enclosures now?

2 Likes

Very soon you can, @BigBen is basically working around the clock to get them out as fast as possible.

I have him on a pedestal for all the effort and work he is putting in this project.

3 Likes

I do not like the idea of another bearing though, because of the fact that three bearings never perfectly align.

1 Like

BTW that looks like a kick ass launch ramp behind you there … would love to see what @rich could do with it :wink:

6 Likes

Never mind i think its actually no problem lol, i just realised the motor is not hanging on those bearings.

Love the build mark, hope your adventures with flipsky take a positive turn though :slight_smile: I remember you at the kart track just working on your board and being sad it didn’t work because of your motor.

2 Likes

We wont be using Flipsky any longer, I got burned several times with their p^roducts and decided to move away from them.

I can also not put name behind a build kit when im not 100% sure of its quality.

We are now in talks with Maytech to provide motors for us. @Bavioze

7 Likes

I actually used it as a ramp on my mountainboard before, its a bit steep tho haha

3 Likes

what esc are you going to use now?

2 Likes