Mark I - Iron Man Esk8 - World's First Smart Electric Skateboard With A Talking AI (Jarvis)

Nah I’ve been working on this for over a year without getting to ride it more than a handful of times. It’s basically now everything I could want. I just want to ride now.

5 Likes

That’s good, enjoy it

1 Like

It’s been about a week that I’ve been riding.
It’s a joy :relieved: When I’m stopped, like at parking lots people have approached me many times to ask about it :joy: many turn, stare, mouths open when I’m riding by :hushed::joy:

6 Likes

Now all you need is a playlist to cruise on and your set!

2 Likes

Got that covered too. Been waiting for this so long. I have a rap playlist on Spotify for riding that I’d been listening to at home for a while, waiting to use while riding. It’s lit :grin: I also have a chill playlist of mostly jack johnson. Sometimes I also listen to acdc tracks that were used in the Iron Man movies so I feel like Tony Stark :joy: also Star Lord’s songs from Guardian’s of the Galaxy are a vibe.

2 Likes

Bro, you’re gonna make my build seem like the Bruce Banner to ur Iron Man lmfao. She’s a beauty dude.

1 Like

Haha you’re too kind. My build skills are completely amateur. I hope everything holds up this summer. I’m very lucky and grateful that the vision I had when I started this build thread worked out, and then some.

I’ve been thinking, if I have time in the offseason this winter, I might make my own AI voice assistant and microphone to be able to talk to the board.

I’d need a sim card for wifi which hopefully I could also use for a GPS module I looked into getting a couple months ago. I looked up some python tutorials on YT to make a voice assistant. Some of it is actually pretty easy - cookie cutter. You just use a couple prebuilt libraries. I’m more uncertain about the hardware in terms of how much power it will draw and space is very tight in my back enclosure.

Rn it’s the world’s first board that talks (voice feedback), but you can’t talk to it - dialogue.

I’d be able to call it the world’s first smart electric skateboard with AI / voice assistant if I do that and it would really be like having Jarvis! :exploding_head: The only problem is those engines wouldn’t have Jarvis’s actual voice. There aren’t great matches for him with voice assistants :frowning: it would probably sound weird when mixed with the limited sound files I have from Marvel of his actual voice.

2 Likes

Now you just need to make an iron man suit and take it to a marvel event, that’ll be sick, it’s an amazing build, did a very good job with it!

2 Likes

Everytime I think I’m done @Red_souls comes in and says now you just need… :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:that’s why I’m here, encouraging some ideas

1 Like

I appreciate it. Now you just need to come to Toronto and see it in person!

1 Like

Now that is a must, I’ll love to see it. I’m currently finishing up my first build myself, nowhere near at the capability your at with yours but in my eyes it’s my pride and joy, also most prized possession

1 Like

Every DIY build is a great achievement! Good luck with finishing!

2 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing more clips of your build

1 Like

I see what you did there :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Loving my board. I go to parks and trails mostly. Love talking to people about it. Once two families came up to me and I let the little kids take turns sitting in the middle while I move it forward about 10m at 5kph. Now I let kids sit on the grip tape on the regular.

Been thinking about building either a trailer at the back for people to join me on rides or adding the ability to talk to Jarvis - using google assistant software but named Jarvis. Found a nice mic array with audio processing so it’ll work like Google home / amazon echo dot. Idk if I have the time/money for either but definitely not both. Would happen in winter. I think it would be the coolest thing to be able to talk to my board like I do in my smart home. What do you think?

6 Likes

I think your board is the only talking robot I’d trust, lol. If you go with a trailer you’d have lots of space to bling out with more lights/speakers!

3 Likes

This board is now entering territory where it’s actually smarter than me and that makes me feel funny inside :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: like the building process for a lot of parts of my board, idk rn if it’s actually possible to pull it off :crossed_fingers::person_shrugging:

I’ve been holding off on filming a video to summarize / show it off because it would be next level to show it off to world if you can talk to it too and it’s smart :exploding_head:

One thing I’m not excited about is not having Jarvis’s voice (Paul Bettany). I’m just using legit sound files of his voice right now but there is no voice for AI that matches it well from what I’ve searched. I’ll go with some male British voice but it’s not the same.

4 Likes