Mark I - Iron Man Esk8 - World's First Smart Electric Skateboard With A Talking AI (Jarvis)

I’m scared to align and drill

11 Likes

measure twice, drill once, as they say…

2 Likes

u gots this man ur at the home stretch

2 Likes

God, you’ll need 20" wheels with this enclosure, won’t you? :crazy_face:

1 Like

I wanted 9inch wheels from MBS but they were out of stock. Will probably need a 1inch riser with the wider/lower truck holes and my 8inch tires

My enclosure is probably about 20mm taller than the standard double stack enclosures that everyone uses and I was more than willing to add a proportional riser to compensate for my taller enclosure. Range for daysss

4 Likes

trampa has plenty of 9" and 10" in stock even rn if u really needed a 9" wheel

1 Like

200w (3)

7 Likes

That will be like a circuit car, you won’t be able to ride on normal conditions. Or a museum piece, just for looks.

My first MBS had 8" tires with a printed bottom enclosure 4 or 5 cm tall. On my first ride I broke it against a rock due to lack of clearance and believe me it was not even close so extreme as that.

Anyway, I hope you prove us wrong. Good luck with it!

4 Likes

I ordered my wheels with my trucks from MBS the extra shipping cost + fees to Canada made me not get 9s from trampa but I did consider it

ahh dam

1 Like

These are m4s and the hole is m5. It all fits! About to make the holes big enough for the m5 insert.

4 Likes

All the screws and inserts are in! I have to cut the screws to my desired length now. I ordered them longer a while ago because I wasn’t sure about inserts and my spacers etc.

1 Like

See nothing to be nervous about… That was the hardest stressful part of my first build lol.

1 Like

glad to see shes nearly done
now all u need is a iron man theme riding gear setup to go with the board

1 Like

Not sure if you have all these details settled yet, but if laser cut grip tape would fit in at all I’d love to help.

1 Like

I do have all the details settled, but thanks I really appreciate it! There will be a gold rectangle of griptape under each foot.

2 Likes

All wrapped and shiny.

5 Likes

Man, that battery is thiccccc dude. Almost there :metal:

1 Like

Finally done mounting it. Tried 3 different glues. 3 different inserts and even patched up all the holes and redrilled them. Now it’s proper. I’m so done. It was supposed to be done in a day and now it’s been almost two weeks. Main thing is waiting 24hrs for jbweld etc to dry and waiting for shipping. Now I need to respray the trucks a little, wrap them and rims, and fix up measurements for the back enclosure then I’m riding!

6 Likes

I’m not just battered mentally. Been a lot of pain. Here’s two cleaned cuts that stung really bad. Two of many. Don’t ask how it happened.

3 Likes