Mark I - Iron Man Esk8 - World's First Smart Electric Skateboard With A Talking AI (Jarvis)

I’m thinking of adding a small screen to the cover beside the keypad so I can display memes and gifs and build in some cool easter eggs. Thoughts?

How can I say no for $10?

1 Like

I’m not sure, I personally don’t see another point besides that mentioned. Doesn’t really fit the iron man theme imo but it’s your project ha. I dont think you want to make it too much more complicated but hey, you do you

4 Likes

At first I was going to put a character screen for seeing password entry but if I’m going to put a screen I can get a nice one and add a Stark industries animation on start up, Jarvis animations, iron man memes. It can also show the current music tracks when I use the bluetooth speaker mode. I’m learning about the computational requirements to display videos. Might just go with a character display.

Really cool

4 Likes

Do you think the screen would be visible enough in broad daylight? That would be one of my main concerns I suppose

1 Like

Thats a good concern. Probably not mid-day.

Its not bad to display quality pictures and gifs, you will need to convert the media to a text file for the arduino to understand (known as decoding). What our fancy computers do is they accept the media file as .mp4 for example and then decode it on their own while trying to play the video! I never knew they had to process the video just to display it, I thought they just naturally can read the video frame by frame. This uses a lot of computing power relatively speaking. I guess that somewhat explains why GPUs are so big and important.

Anyone wanna play slots on my esk8 :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Marvel made a simple jarvis app at one point. I think I’ll take gifs from it.
nexusae0_EKV311B

2 Likes

The main stuff fits well. Some stuff I need to adjust the tolerances. No major changes🤞

9 Likes

I’m goofy

2 Likes

Definitely an interesting look lol

I take it you do not intend to put on bindings

4 Likes

This is the max tilt I can do before hitting the gear drive. I can’t stand on with this much tilt so I think it’s enough? I won’t be able to do u turns in a half squat that some people do but that was never the plan. If I need to turn around then I’m thinking lifting with front binding. Bindings won’t fit? The last screw hole is fully exposed. I don’t an on putting full bindings but making my own half bindings like the freebord but come up over the foot a little less so I can bail more easily.

2 Likes

Interesting, looks like a decent bit of tilt though

No, I’m pretty certain you’d be hitting that enclosure with a rear binding. Your foot would collide with it and the upright part of the binding as well.

F5 bindings anyway

1 Like

Yeah I need a little more room around the last screw hole for any stock bindings. If I were to use stocks then I could cut that 4th hole a little. Better yet, this is with the enclosure on the inner most holes - there are two sets of 4. I can always shift it back and then there should be enough room

1 Like

Houston we have a problem. Initially I wanted to route all the cables through the back. Then I switched to the side. Should have kept the motors through the back

1 Like

With this much of a gap I can route everything through the back. I forgot to add the included risers for the bro and trucks when I looked at the gap before

1 Like

Ew lol that looks awful

1 Like

What exactly?

Leaving it like that is obviously hazardous I’m sure you know, but that’s what I mean lol

4 Likes

No I don’t know :sob: that’s the included riser with the bro deck. How else am I supposed to use it?

3 Likes