Making use of the Spiral Gear Drives

Gorgeous

2 Likes

Awesome looking board!

4 Likes

Thanks, this kind of quick development was only really possible because others were willing to share their work which is why I’m always willing to share back. Thanks @LR-designs and @MorrisHsu

6 Likes

Looks frighten amazing. :exploding_head: I think they easily the coolest looking mounts! Thanks for the shoutout :+1:

7 Likes

How can one get his hands on those drives?

1 Like

There was a group buy a while back

2 Likes

Perfect adaptation. I hate the idea of something like this sitting in someones closet because of the issues you mentioned- you saved them!

I don’t have much experience with Surf Rodz- do they actually come with those red spacers, and what appears to be internally threaded axles?

2 Likes

Love the look of this build, beautiful and unique. Love the way the cans stick out the back.

3 Likes

Wow that looks soooooo nice! :star_struck::star_struck::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::star_struck: beautiful work! What a clean build, now I really want a set of those! If anyone is selling hit me up!

3 Likes

Yeah but apparently that was a one off chance to get them.

3 Likes

Yep :sob:

3 Likes

Ill see if i can make a bevel gear drive after i do my batch of wheels. It was one of the first things i worked on but i abandoned it a bit bc i thought his were 100x better.

You can see it in my banner still.

8 Likes

This is a really sweet project and thanks for sharing that mod, out of interest what did the mod cost you monetary wise?

1 Like

This is probably the best bit, I was going to use Boardnamics hangers, the stock adapter fits the 220 fine. I’m wondering now if there is room for a bearing inside the wheel pulley using the stock adapter? Guessing no

2 Likes

Not too bad if you have access to CNC as the bearings are around $30usd. I actually paid for a service this time since I didn’t want to bother my CNC colleague with the tolerances of a press fit. Xeometry was sending me discount codes for a while following a small job we did with them so I used that. They were made in China as the cheapest option (shameful, but right around $150 for both, instead of $650 from the US). Their prices fluctuate a bit but you can upload a model and get an instant quote.

3 Likes

Maytech’s newest gen dual trigger is def a step up from the vx2. Flipsky has something new on the horizon as well.

I really wanted to like the Wand, but I think it missed the mark. Aside from other things, the main problem for me is the thumbwheel height and shape. I’m constantly re-adjusting my thumb while riding because the shape doesn’t sit right and the height of it means that it can occasionally catch my glove or something and send a jolt.

It’s up for sell or trade to anyone that likes it.

That’s just for me, but I have gloves on and I don’t need to re-adjust my thumb on my Wand.

That’s good that it works for some. I had the Wand on this board for the longest time during testing and everyone that wanted to ride said the same thing about it.

1 Like

I think the pistol grip would be mandatory.

1 Like