Maker X Retro esc (those who are interested) a small guide.

How do you connect the vx2 to this esc? It has 4 wires?

UART port.

I dont understand, are you saying there is a port on the makerx ither than the 3pin ph2 that will accept the vx2’s reciever wire by default?

Found this, thanks for pointing me in the right direction

This one is for version 4 I believe

Version 6 works the same way

V4 vs v6 is just some pins changed. Keep in mind that by flipshit’s logic tx goes to tx and rx to rx.
Any other thing does the tx-rx normal

I dont follow what you mean here

I have this esc. Will be putting it to use again in about 2 weeks hopefully.

Eventuallyi will be upgrading to Stormcore, but this esc seemed like a cheap one to use in the mean time.

He’s saying there’s 4 wires. Tx wire goes with TX and rx goes with RX if you’re using flipsky BLE the rest goes in gnd and 3.3v

2 Likes

Yes of course, but he implied that this is the right way, and that “flipshit” (lol) may mix them up on my uart port? It looks to me like I just needed to make sure I was buying the vesc 4 version so all the wires are correct

1 Like

The right way is to lead the tx wire from the receiver to the rx port on the vesc. Flipshit labels the receivers the wrong way around (tx to tx).
Buying the right version definetly helps, yet if you got the wrong one a re-pin is necessary, while keeping the receiver’s odd labelling in mind

1 Like

Flipsky is a horrible company to buy certain things. Plus their support is completely aids because you have to literally do what they say, and even if you do, they still can’t do crap for you.

That’s what I hear from the forums.

1 Like

If you get the right one, their labeling is convenient because it makes sense, but otherwise yeah, it’s a little confusing

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Torqueboards customer service?

The mini remote is reliable for the most part and considered a good budget option by a lot of people. Willing to bet you had a dud. Also, this isn’t the right thread for that post at all.

Besides, you posted on their own website where they obviously curate reviews. When was the last time you saw someone’s own website with a bad review on it? That’s what other review places are for

2 Likes

Thanks to @BillGordon, I know where to go. And yeah, probably had a dud.

2 Likes