Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

he has issue every week

4 Likes

No bueno.

Temperature issue from motor sensor or from Vesc sensor?

Motor temp sensor. The earlier versions of Reacher 6385s 173kv have terrible temp sensors. Three sets i experienced issues with.

1 Like

okay good. i’m able to detect my remote in the input wizard for one of the vescs but it isn’t detected over CAN on the second one

2 Likes

What remote and what mode?

Mini Remote 2.4, PPM mode

You may have to configure on each side of the ESC for PPM remotes. Can’t remember

nah
app setings sync across all can devices

You would think that but sometimes dual escs are weird

Using the CAN toggle to switch over can tell you if they synced or not.

2 Likes

Why is that? Using FW 5.3 without any specific to this FW issues (braking to full stop causing brakes to release a couple of times)

My experiences with 5.3 are pretty bad, so are most people. 5.2 is tried and tested.

1 Like

hm, it suddenly started detecting it properly after unplugging and replugging the micro usb and 2.4ghz receiver. thanks!

1 Like

Who taught you this false info. Name one person who has had a cutout due exclusively to sensors.

1 Like

I did read it on the forum, I use the search button a lot so couldn’t point out the exact discussion, and also been told by a mate.

You seem to be pretty sure about the sensors not being a cutoff issue, would you like to share your experiences with us?

Someone above have already mentioned that sensors only work on low rpm, and that changed my opinion a bit

1 Like

If your sensors do die, then all that happens is you suddenly will start cogging at low speed as there will be no position data.

1 Like

It was @b264 that told you that.

Don’t listen to him when it comes to sensors.

I’ve had many boards in which the sensors broke during a ride, and it didn’t throw me off or cause a fault.

Riding senseless is more likely to cause weird startup behavior and is more likely to cause a fall.

1 Like

Nahh man, it wasn’t @b264,

1 Like

Unless @b264 likes to create fake profiles to tell everyone bs about sensors,

Sensors do seem to be the most fragile part of the motor in my experience, but their malfunction only typically causes hard cogging below the hall sensor cutout speed. You can typically kickpush past this as it’s usually a low speed, or you can power through it with more current. But then the vehicle is not performing as designed, and needs maintenance.

Not using them is still the most robust for more reliable performance.

1 Like

When in sensorless bldc, for a smooth start I usually just give a gentle push with both of my legs on the deck, past the first few motor revolutions it will go super smooth. The real problem is only when you need to start on a very steep dirt trail.

HFI is sweet, it makes me feel good and has a very precise control, I guess Sensors works even better, hence why I am planning to try them soon, priority now is the battery/esc enclosure, starting to feel ashamed going to evolve meetings with a junction box and duct tape to hold the lid :sweat_smile:, tho they feel ashamed when i show them the powaaa