Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Not bad :slight_smile:
Are those your upcoming motors?

1 Like

Hey, affected by the virus. All couriers have slowed down, not just ours,especially the US.:no_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah even my Amazon prime shipments have innaccurate delivery dates, sometimes they come early or late.

Can you help me? Where I did mistake?

A few days ago I finally recieved last parts for my build and I was very excited on it. I wanted good quality products. So I ordered parts from you (not from Aliexpress etc.). For the first time I made sure that I connected all CORRECTLY and then I tested it. I think that I didn´t made mistake, even though VESC burnt. I asked for advice (I attached photos and answered all questions). So where I did mistake? I want to know the truth, I don´t want to make it again. It cost much money for me, because Im a student and I haven´t ridden it yet. There is a starting esk8 community in the Czech republic. So I don´t have anyone to ask.

1 Like

@Stefan8888 the only thing you did wrong is think you could pay less for something yet it be the same quality as something more expensive. I’ve seen numerous of these maker X ESC’s (of all versions they sell) blow up during motor detection or first use… Their go-FOC HW6 doesn’t even work in FOC… these ESC’s are obviously thrown together without testing, and that’s why we are seeing so much hardware failure on their first power up. If you wanna save money in the long run, spend a couple extra bucks on a reliable ESC. You really do get what you pay for.

2 Likes

Just to play the devil’s advocate, with the exception of a set of motors failing to pass detection (which can happen to any vesc. It doesn’t seem isolated to just this one), my maker vesc has performed without any issue. I purchased mine last year a little after black friday so it could just be a bad batch?

I have another one on the way. Assuming this should be from a more recent batch, I’ll be back to give updates

I will say that I tend to be optimistic when it comes to vendors so maybe take that with a grain of salt :stuck_out_tongue: That being said, I do feel there may be more additional testing from end users needed.

4 Likes

I thought that these VESCs were good quality.

@Stefan8888 they definitely look good in their pictures or on paper. But if you just compare the pricing to other vesc offerings out there, these are pretty much the cheapest. And to get them out for that price with free shipping, means there was much less money invested in R&D, and QC, and after-sales service. I think it’s unfortunate companies take the cheaper route that just ends up with more broken E-waste in land fills, rather then build a robust product that lasts.

So… You think I invested in wrong VESC, right? I’m surprised. And can you recommend me other (better) VESC? (PM, please). I’m confused too. I really thought that these VESCs are very, very good.

They are just responding to what the market demands.
Most people looking for an ESC have a commodity approach: a VESC is a VESC and the less you pay, the more you save.
I’m pulling numbers out of my ass, but I’m sure flipsky sells by far the most ESCs, despite their shitsky reputation, for that exact reason.

4 Likes

No, if you read through the thread, the few people who have bought them have had good experiences for the most part but that’s just the issue; there hasn’t been that many people who have purchased them. It is still somewhat early to make a call on if these are good just yet but I would also say it’s hard to say that these are no good.

Also something to consider too is that usually people with issues are the ones with the loudest voices. Ultimately, let’s see what their CS can do to correct these issues.

@Stefan8888, where are you currently with the makerX vesc? Is your board completely useless? Has MakerX made any contact, comments, or amends?

2 Likes

No. Luckily burnt only VESC and I fast diconnected battery. I added another post a few days ago. They answered only on a few questions (you can see up) , then they stopped answering (idk why, maybe they don´t have time). Thats the reason, why I added another post.

1 Like

@annihil8ted I agree that it is too soon to say they are all bad. And they do probably have 30 good ones for every bad one and we are only hearing from the loudest people. But how’s it make sense for the ESC to blow first use or during detection? I think that’s an indication these aren’t even tested before shipping.

1 Like

Mine blew up on detection, seller sent the bottom pcb at shipping cost to me. Still didn’t leave china so can’t comment on anything yet

Im more and more surprised.

Stefan. This is NOT a vesc. It is vesc based. The only Vesc you can get is from Trampaboards.

5 Likes

Guys, you don’t get a new Ferrari for $50,000 for a reason. If you want the best, hitch up your shorts and head over to Trampa’s web site. $520 dollars later, you’ll have the current best option available.

But at the current entry level position, you have the Maker dual and the Flipsky 4.20 series. I’m running one of each vendor’s stuff in two of my boards, and no real complaints. But if I was buying today, I’d grab another Maker Dual and run it at its promised specs, not expect it to compete with a VESC 6.

6 Likes

Oh, sorry.

1 Like

Maybe I have bad piece.

1 Like