Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

But firstly motor didn’t run. So I changed it (Of course I disconnected battery, when I did it)

And… you think that I connected phase wires together?

@YUTW123

I bought a capacitor to add on in order to make it more stable at 12s

Would it void my warranty by soldering directly to the terminals?
Also we’re do you advise to solder it to

It is 1800uf and 63v

Please check if there is a short circuit between your phase wire and the 4.7R resistor next to it…

2 Likes

sorry,I am not sure whether it can work steadily.
This is based on Benjamin’s open source ESC. The hardware is the same. I am not sure whether it can work stably in 12s.I usually run it within 10s. You can have a try,. I think that don’t fuck it up too hard will be fine.

2 Likes

I asked earlier and you said adding an extra capacitor should make it work better at 12s

Do you think these? What I can do it with them?

Check the internal resistance, either with a meter or with the datasheet. Capacity seems a bit high for a ultra low esr capacitor

2 Likes

Not sure exactly how I would do that I am a bit of a noob with electronics

Bring up the datasheet from where you bought it.
Alternatively, i have 5 panasonic 820uF@63V ultra low esr capacitors from farnell. I bought them for this esc but since it went boom and bought trampas, they’re useless to me.

You can use a small section of breadboard pcb to get them in parallel shinkwrapped over, cut a small section (2-3mm) off the silicone insulation on both power leads, as close to the esc as you can reasonably solder and connect everything. I think flipsky uses this exact method on 4.x vescs
Fair warning that all 5 of them are overkill combined with the ~1320uF the capacitors on the esc provide

1 Like

This one

It is from a trusted brand not sure the best place and way to connect it to the esc though

Also wondering whether it will void my warranty on the vesc by attaching it

1 Like

I don’t seem to find the esr value for the capacitor within it’s datasheet. I do notice that it’s marketed for high frequency though. Not sure what to make of this information.
Filter capacitors are always as close to the esc as possible. They are the first thing to smooth out voltage. Low resistance allows them to stay cool while doing so.
And, warranty… their site does say 60 days for electrical components, but generally altering a product and breaking it in the process voids it

2 Likes

Yeah so I guess I won’t attach that way if it breaks I get a free one

MakerX site has gone dark, any info on that?
https://www.ebmakers.com/

https://makerx-tech.com/

1 Like

Good Lord their SEO is Terrible

3 Likes

Lol the only reason I knew the new one is because I saw the new URL posted up here a while ago

…sorry, I am a pussy. Didn’t drive too fast…
4 Likes

In my opinion it’s reliability what we demand.
Just make decent controllers and have a reasonable customer service.

4 Likes

It’s slowly making its way here. Stupid corona shipping lol, ordered on 4/29

1 Like