Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Woah really. I didnt know that. Even the ones from boosted, evolve, Meepo …?

Maybe boosted and evolve has certs. Since its a complete product and not an ESC as a separate component. Doubt meepo.

I bellive the remote that meepo and all the other Chinese brands use are FCC certified let me see if I can fined the certification sheet online.

Alot of fake EMC certs going around from china. Its up to a institution to prove its fradulent.
Did a test on 2 jumps starters that had “certs”. They didnt keep what their report promised.

Here it is-

1 Like

I did test the original 4.2 VESC hardware tho. Its marginally below limits.

1 Like

Currently running my makerX on a 10s3p 30q dual 6354 keda motor on 97 mm wheels and I have nothing bad to say so far, cant do any further testing yet as Im waiting on parts for the the build i was hoping to put this into

Lol certs are SOOOOO expensive and time consuming. Especially UL, I have heard that is a huge pain. Maybe some boosted because they have money and such but I don’t think most of them do

Thanks to everyone, that means a DIY is not legal anywhere?

1 Like

There is no regulation on Eskating in most countries so diy is a grey area in most banned in the rest and legal in a small fraction

I mean most electronics that people put in DIY projects aren’t cert.

Just because it doesn’t have a cert doesn’t really mean anything unless someone gets hurt because of the electronics specifically. You can’t blame the injuries that come from crashing on the electronics directly anyway, I don’t know exactly what goes into certs but I think it is on the level of circuit validation and making sure everything is properly protected.

We have regulations regarding eskating in California here but again, doesn’t matter if you have cert electronics or not, maybe diff in other countries

<Why is that, why is it not just easy to say okay guys up to 13mph/h = 20km/h + helmet + lights at night + no power restriction only top-speed limits> ?

And all problems solved.

Bureaucracy lol

1 Like

Seriously @YUTW123 you need to get some units into the hands of people that can talk about these products.

1 Like

I reached out for a sample but no response yet. @YUTW123 actually sent me a sample of the makerx antispark but it got lost in transit. When I asked for a sample of this dual vesc at the time he sent me the anti spark it was not finished production yet hence he couldent send a sample. I really want to test one of these vs a flipsky 4.20 dual.

Any electronics that are commercially sold are regulated and s’posed to follow EMC rules. 0 exceptions.
Sure the risk of your product beeing investigated if you only sell a few hundred units are slim to noone. But if you would get investigated the fine is 15000 euro if your product does not follow compliance, worst case you have to recall all your products as well. Even stricter rules in the U.S.

1 Like

Hm interesting. I wonder if the Boosted products are UL then. I feel like most people wouldn’t know that they could even nail them on those grounds. Granted I haven’t heard of a Boosted burning up or anything either

Obviously imported Chinese electronics are not going to have to conform and you’re on your own, Raptor probably either since it is AU?

Aus and China has the same type of rules. The rules differ abit from country to country. Specifically, you cant sell products to a country if it breaks thier rules (why the VESC6 dsnt have the NRF chip mounted if ordered from the U.S).

I know for a fact that enertion dsn’t hold a single certificate(Big surprise ^^ )
However, its alot cheaper to get the pre compliance and certificates done in China. So alot of the big players do follow regulations. But alot of them lie about it as well.

My guess is that boosted probably has done some CE certification and ROHS + mandatory battery stuff. I’d be very surprised if they dont hold a FCC certificate. Not sure how serious evolve is.

1 Like

Very interesting. The cert only has to be at board level right? Not at the full product level?

1 Like

You certify a product. so everything needs to be certified as whole.
So boosted would do compliance for the board + remote inside a chamber f.e

Both for sub Ghz but also separate cert. for around 2.4Ghz specifically for any bluetooth related gizmos.