MAKER X 63100 KV 190

What are you talking about? You didn’t circle anything lmao

The ribbed texture is supposed to be there, it’s how the old TB motors were too

2 Likes

I see it too, I think it might be just the picture but it looks like where he circled the can is like bent and dented, shifting outwards away from the shaft

3 Likes

^ yes that’s what i see too.

5 Likes

I saw these motors in person and there wasn’t a bend or crack then, if there is now it’s something that they did since then

2 Likes

Yeah looking at it again I think it’s just the camera angle relative to the curve of the cab making it look dented

3 Likes

It’s not dented. Just the camera angle.

4 Likes

It would be most useful to figure out what the actual problem is though before just getting another.

I don’t believe that the bearing would spin smoothly and be creating that giant gouge.

Can you send a vid of spinning the motor with sound and a view of the bearing in question

So much this :arrow_up:.

My question is: when putting the can on the stator, is installing the circlip putting the bearing into a bind?

I feel like it could be something as simple as the wrong size shim under the circlip. Maybe?

1 Like

Shims are fine. They are snug to the shaft. No play.

Try unsnugging them.

The owner recorded the motor spinning and the sound it made. He sent the video to Marker X. He told me to take it apart to see what the issue was.

1 Like

I realize that but can you send it here so we can look at it too without a language barrier

I hate to bash a vendor, but I’ve never gotten anything from maker X that had lasted longer then 3 days. And I’ve never gotten a replacement for anything, never going to buy anything from him…hundreds of dollars down the drain. Cheap crap

9 Likes

Not wanting to send a replacement till an answer is found says it all tbf

2 Likes

Completely opposite for me on all fronts

Better than Flipsky from what I’ve seen

3 Likes

Good afternoon everyone. Gonna fuck this place up today!!

Looks like the set screws in the pulley were just tight enough to run rubbing it to oblivion. My 2cents. Vary valuable, wheat pennies. :metal::rofl:

1 Like

Interesting idea haha I feel like we aren’t seeing the whole story here either from either side

2 Likes

Flipsky worked out better for me. Atleast they offered me a 60% discount on a new controller when theirs burned down, maker x has yet to offer anything as a replacement for 2 dual controllers that don’t power on for some strange reason and 3 antisparks that don’t power off lol…all before even a test ride

4 Likes

Never mind it’s serious. Later gentleman, or ladies. Mostly Ladies. :v::fu::grin:

2 Likes