MAKER X 63100 KV 190

So a friend of mines just got some Maker X motor for his Lacroix. The 63100 motor. Longs story short we install it. Motor had a 30 day warranty from Maker X. Not even 2 days of riding, one of motor started making a strange noise when the throttle was let off. Diagnosis the problem and the motor can was moving. He contacted the vendor and sent them a video of the issue. They said they were going to send a replacement motor. Couple of days in and now then want to send a bearing instead. So he told me to open it up and see if it was the bearing. Bearing was fine. Real issue is the shaft where the bearing seat is worn down, causing play. Looks like cheap metal to me.

7 Likes

Threaten a chargeback if you’re the original buyer. Getting a new can/shaft is always an option if the stator is fine

@KaramQ this the guy you helped out?

Looks like maybe a seized bearing could have caused that? Was the shaft case-hardened? They should be…

That looks really deep…

5 Likes

Wow… That’s… Uh

Not great.

Very weird, are you saying he wants to send a bearing instead of a motor? Orrr

2 Likes

First they said a replacement motor. Now they want to send a bearing. What good is the bearing when it’s the shaft.

1 Like

Well yeah exactly haha they should send a new motor. Did you send them new pictures? I think he’ll take care of you

1 Like

I’ll just @ him just in case

@YUTW123

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t think it’s his final word after you send him this pictures he will understand what is broken.
A new bell should fix the problem. Shit like this can always happen.

3 Likes

He’s been emailing them about it.

Yeah I agree, he has always helped me out well too.

I wonder why the bearing seized up. Did you take the bearing off and try to spin it?

Bearing spins fine. I just spin.

That’s odd, I can’t think what else would make it eat away the shaft like that

1 Like

Maybe the bearing was pinched when the can was assembled and sticking?

4 Likes

A new shaft and bearing should do it, but it might be a process to get the old ones out without doing more damage

Inner bearing collar must have spun to do that, personally the motor is trash unless you can get all the metal particles that have come off inside the motor, definitely weird if the bearing is fine

I have no idea what has happened.If the bearing can rotate, the shaft cannot be ground like this.The shafts are hardened

I need to find out the reason before I send you a new motor.:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Is there wear in the bearing bore?

1 Like

No wear in the bearing bore. If it makes you happy, I can measure the shaft bore diameter with a caliper and the inner bearing diameter also. I’m just helping him out. My friend own his own business, he’s just what’s need to be done right. If your product failed and we sent picture and video proof and you still won’t accept it. Then that’s fine. But in the end this is your company name that’s being put out there for other people to see. Not just in this forum, but also in other social media platform.

This is also pretty worrying. Not sure if its an optical illusion. But it doesnt look good.

2 Likes