Make VESC ™ tool in different languages!

Finally I managed to compile the mobile version of Vesc tool :partying_face:

The trick is to use Ubuntu 18.04 and Qt offline installer, i used 5.12.12.
The problem with online installer of Qt is fixed version of QtCreator 6.0 which is compiled against Qt6 which is not supported by Ubuntu 18.04 because of older version of GLIBC.
You also have to change some of hard-coded paths in the vesc-tool code, all of them to /opt/Qt3 and qt version which you want to use.

As it is middle of the night here I am going to sleep but if you want I can describe you the steps tomorrow, how to make it works on Virtual machine.

P.S. Image is in English because for tests I used original vesc tool source code

2 Likes

That’s great! As for Android SDK can I just use the latest version straight from Google or do I need to find a latest version? Also for NDK did you use 21.x
Or R10e? As I remember 21.x doesn’t have required tools and R10e does.

Qt creator, will handle Android sdk and ndk installation and configuration. You are just going to the settings-devices-android and pressing setup sdk

It worked!

3 Likes

As you’re the person with closest contact with vedder can you ask him to wrap all the terms and the “help” dialogues in tr() ? That’ll make translating much more convenient, the fact that I had to go through multiple directories to fully translate the app will be a reason many people won’t translate it to their own language.

2 Likes

I forwarded it already. Having the tool in different languages will be a nice target and any help is appreciated.

Once we get those help files I’ll start on transcribing those to French.

I’m trying to build the new app, but I’m getting this error.

The previous version compiled without any issue so I’ve got no idea what’s going on.

1 Like

Yo! Were you ever successful in this endeavor? Would be cool to see multi-lingual VESC Tool

1 Like