Magnum Seed | Rayne Demonseed 44 | 78mm Venom Magnum [Serious]

My biggest advice is don’t have ANY wires exiting the enclosure. Epoxy male (with the pins) MR60 connectors or whatever through the enclosure so there are zero wires going over the lip of the enclosure. If wires must go through, epoxy them through, don’t use cable glands.

2 Likes

Just wondering if you’ve had the opportunity to use these wheels in the damp? Wondering how they compare against narrower wheels?

This is my rain board now. Yes, I used them in the pouring rain more than once. :sweat_smile:

Obviously, polyurethane longboard wheels in general don’t excel at performance in wet conditions. That being said:

They handle better than most wheels, notably better in the rain than the SuperFly 74A and the Flywheel 74A and the TB110 78A and the Constrictor 81A — but not better than the TB110 72A, which outperform these Magnum 74A. My TB110 74A are so beat up and end-of-life it’s hard for me to compare those.

1 Like

Maybe I’m dumb, but where exactly is the butyl tape? Is it just what you used for the enclosure gasket?

Also, why did you switch away from your favorite wheels of all time, the TB110? Looks like you could heave easily mounted the trucks further to fit them.

Cool build though! Not sure how I missed it a week ago.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the enclosure gasket. It has the consistency of used chewing gum that just never hardens or moves. It’s also slightly flexible so if there is any flex, the seal is not being broken. It also creeps down the threads of the bolts and seeps out from under the washers and from under the boltheads. It’s amazing.

4 Likes

I had planned to have some new TB wheels on here but they have not arrived so the plans got changed to this.

I’m happy with the way it’s turned out.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned, but are you running any soft risers? How’s the ride on the magnums? I like them analog, but i feel they might get a little bumpy under foot once electrified

I decided to say F it today and just enable it. I was skeptical, as when I played with it on a bench it would cog just a little bit at higher amperages. Upon just hopping on today, HFI worked beautifully and I was able to get a sensored-like startup. I’m a little confused but I’ll take it! Thanks for the help! Also how come you have it running on only one motor?

1 Like

HFI didn’t work as well on the other motor.

1 Like

HFI can be a real stickler. It seems to be running slightly better on one of my motors but that is because I need to readjust one of the wheel pulleys as the belt tension is all out of whack. Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

No soft risers. They are Metroboard riser lights, model “2W” in white and red. They are hard.

Surprisingly nice. It’s clearance that isn’t as nice but now that I’ve worked to get every mm of motor clearance while still retaining full lean, almost to enclosure-scraping, the ride is great.

I don’t know if I will do another build with the Magnum dongs or not, this is undecided at the moment.

1 Like

Im so fuckin unsure how I could miss that :thinking: :man_shrugging:
The multiple charge ports are a genius move, Brian.
Was planing about doing the same for a while now.
Im not through the whole thread yet, but will carefully read through all later on.
Fancy lightz :joy:

1 Like

That’s a great detail :ok_hand:

2 Likes

So I finally read carefully through this awesome thread and Im kind of sorry to be late to the party :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No party? Ohhh! So lets get back to work :joy:
The only thing I dislike on this build is the difference in Truck width on front and rear. But just personal preferences.

1 Like

I agree that looks dumb but IMHO it rides better than putting the longer hanger on the front, all else the same.

Actually a few of my skates have shorter front hangers than rear… and yeah the looks suck but it rides better then two wides and you can still fit motors, so… yeah…

1 Like

the look isnt whats it about, it doesnt matter to me.
Its just, nah hahahhaha
Yeah, but there are riders out there who ride different truck size hangers front and rear, but nahhh :grinning:
That was the biggest disappointment for me on the raptor 2 design, but there it is the different wheel size.

Different wheel size is a no-go for me.

1 Like

Basically, it’s just like having wide front and rear, necessitated by the motors, except you shorten the front ones for more responsiveness up front where most of the steering happens.

I could swap long hangers on the front to match the back, but at the expense of worse handling imho

1 Like

Yeah good, if it handles better this way and works better for you its perfect.
Im curious what you will do with them awesome @Boardnamics steel hangers :grin:

1 Like

The next long-range board I make will get them. This build and Bigfoot and two others were already in the works when those happened… I imagine summer 2021 maybe

1 Like