Magneto Wand V2

lol, 2 wands, 6 oled screens, 5 pots and 3 bluetooth dongles. there should a trade in discount :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

This is not accurate.
Apart from VAT depending on how much the product costs you have to pay import duties.
If the goods are shipped with a courier company such as UPS, FedEx etc you will also get charged brokerage fees which can easily exceed the value of the product.

Europe doesn’t charge import duties from UK in most cases. That was part of the brexit deal. Fees from the courier is a thing, but we can’t avoid that. Being a small company we can’t have two distribution outfits and a lot of the customers sit distributed around the globe anyway… So however you do it, it is never perfect for the customer. If we would be located in Europe all out UK customers would cry.

1 Like

Using Royal mail would solve a lot of issues at least in my case.

Royal mail doesn’t pick up and it can’t be integrated into our system. So we have to drive to a post office and then manually transfer all the tracking. Not manageable really.

1 Like

Skate to the post office?

7 Likes

No time for that Brian, too busy trying to find parts on their own website.

14 Likes

This @Trampa
I also have a bunch of trampa remote stuff I’d love to trade in

1 Like

Thank you for informing me of your magnetic field remote design Mr. Trampa. I have scheduled a meeting for tomorrow with my engineers in Shenzen to discuss how we can best completely copy your design & manufacture bringing to large market at most affordable price.

Best,
Jeff Wu

8 Likes

“We chose to use standard AAA batteries, ….Two tiny AAA cells are good for 30 hours of constant operation. AAA cells are available at gas stations…”

I tend to agree. Maybe unpopular. Arguably a strength of the mini remote too with AA.

@Trampa was the v1 lipo powered?

3 Likes

No, it uses AAA batteries too and this feature is awesome.
I use sanyo eneloop rechargeable batteries in it so have the best of both worlds.

3 Likes

Was always on 2 x AAA. I also use rechargeable AAAs and they last for ages.

4 Likes

Jeff Wu, wasn’t that the Neobox guy?

Its fairly easy to convert to a single 18650 or a lipo. You can get a 3-3.3v regulator+lion 1S breakoutboard from ali for dirt cheap.

3d print a new enclosure and you’re home.

Got a bill from UPS the other day, charging me for exactly that. An european warehouse would be very much appreciated.

But it was done already by you guys? I ordered several times by royal mail.

2 Likes

Yup, I get charged Import tax everytime and it’s a juicy bill everytime.

2 Likes

Import tax or import VAT? Import tax is an extra tax, apart from VAT. Import VAT is the same rate as the countries VAT on any other goods you purchase every day.

But VAT is a tax, I think you’re playing with words here :wink:

He is actually not.
If you are in the EU, you will have to pay VAT. Whether you pay it in your country or in the country you make the purchase in is (kinda) irrelevant.
Additionally to VAT when importing goods from non EU countries you will have to pay import tax.
This depends on the category of the product and its value.
Finally you have brokerage fees.

So it goes like VAT + import duties + brokerage fees = better want that order really bad.

1 Like

I know
My point was VAT = Value Added Tax

If you order from EU, VAT should be added at checkout, simple