Magneto Wand V2

Now available with magnetic lever and double hall sensor. Jeff, Benjamin and I gave the Wand + VESC code base an upgrade…
Principle: 4 Magnets (two opposing pairs) create the force on the thumb lever. So you work against a magnetic field instead of springs and mechanics. The magnetic filed changes are picked up by a redundant pair of hall sensors and those signals are then used as an input for the processor.

The advantage of this system is the fact that there are not a lot of mechanics involved and that the signal is picked up by two independent sensors with no physical contact to the lever. The lever itself rotates on two ball bearings and is mounted to a very sturdy aluminium bracket. No plastic, all metal built…

The radio is the NRF52840.

11 Likes

Nice to see a remote with a throttle using a hall sensor rather than a potentiometer.

Can this be paired to multiple NRF modules so one remote could be used on different boards?

3 Likes

Interesting design! Can’t wait for product reviews to start coming out.

yes

2 Likes

Can you upgrade the board to the new version, for us that already have the housing and all the rest ?

2 Likes

There is an upgrade kit on the trampa website.

2 Likes

Not yet but we work on that part.

1 Like

Will Trampa BLE module need firmware update?

Don’t want to open up my board lol

No, but if you give it an update there is a nice new feature. The board’s name can be stored on the BLE module and it will always pop up with its name, regardless of the phone/tablet you use to connect.

1 Like

Any idea on pricing for upgrading our old style wands?

Upgrade kit sorted, see below…

3 Likes

Frank your website is a fucking shit show. Sort it out.

18 Likes
1 Like

There are more diplomatic way to say it but it’s true :joy:

I would look more at the Trampa shop for some parts if it wasn’t such a chore to find anything, now I just look at other

1 Like

Can Trampa now setup some Europe based warehouse or make something else, Trampa being in the UK is kinda a hassle with you guys using both UPS and having import tax within europe.

3 Likes

There is no import tax to Europe. Only VAT is added, which would be added in any case. Coming from Europe you pay no VAT to us but only on import. With Trampa being in Europe you would pay VAT to us. No difference…
You can’t avoid paying VAT.

2 Likes

Very cool tech, but has anything been done to improve the connectivity from the original Wand? I admit I haven’t been following Wand stuff closely, so I might have missed something.

(Yes, I know this issue has been contentious in the past, but seems relevant to address.)

Thanks.

2 Likes

We have the NRF52840 receiver and the NRF52840 with external antenna option in the shop.
The first receivers had a NRF with lower dB rating. Those are phased out since quite a while now.

3 Likes

Frank, if I send you 2 OG wands, can I get magneto wand ?

I already replaced the throttle on my wand like 5 times, you guys owe me the magnet pcb at least :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes