MAD x Stooge Trucks

MAD x Stooge. 3-link trucks for boards equipped with DKP/TKP. Compatible with belt drive. Possible compatibility with gear drive in the future. Price around $300-$350. 1st batch will be 200 sets. Available in 6-8 weeks.

Interested?

17 Likes

$300 for the baseplates or the whole truck assembly? These look amazing! Great job.

@MoeStooge does the middle bracket thread the same for the downhill version? I wonder if its possible to put the shorter hangars and with this baseplate.

1 Like

Could you show some pictures of the trucks with belt drives mounted on them?

Is the idea to be compatible with the three hole pattern on existing DKP/TKP trucks and mounts, or will new motor mounts be required?

2 Likes

$300-$350 for a set of trucks.

4 Likes

8 Likes

That seems pretty fast aftet the initial pictures? Is this a final of what they will be? Mileage of testing? Are these just a diffferent option to the srb hd ones?

8 Likes

2 Likes

I will be installing them in the next day or two. I will take pics and post.

4 Likes

Last night I put the front truck next to my Meepo Voyager. Looks like it would work wih a shortened hanger. Future product idea?

2 Likes

I have a pair of loaded hubs that i planned to install with the 3 link DH trucks, if this baseplate works, i’ll get it too!

2 Likes

Is this final? It looks rly thin

4 Likes

Good eye. This piece will be replaced with a machined aluminum mounting bracket.

3 Likes

Damn, of course these come out when I’m halfway through building a new board with the old 3 links. I guess my only consolation is that:

1. The original 3 links appear to have more adjustable range available for the steering angle?
  2. I’m not 100% sure my redember with dual stack would have enough clearance with the lower ride height.
  3. I’m not sure I need the longer effective wheelbase that these would provide.
3 Likes

Neat, so everything from axle and baseplate to bushings?

Are these using the SRB HD axles?

Do you have any images of how the drivetrain mounts up to it?

1 Like

They’re essentially SRB axles like you’d find on SRB trucks, with a modified radius rod collar, and affixed to a custom milled baseplate that allows for more “standard” mounting and footprint.

I imagine the motor mounts from SRB would work on these for belt drive or open gear setup. There are some people having custom adapters milled to fit gear drives on the threaded axle.

@fujio001 are these 10mm or 12mm axle? Is the main axle part considered “HD” with the same 5/8-18 thread?

Who’s gonna be making the mounts?

3 Likes

@Savage1 is making some drive adapters for some right now I believe. He’s making me a set for my 4GS gears. They look :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but one of the changes from the SRB 3-links is there is no bolt connecting the radius rod/small link collar on the axle. On the SRB 3-link the flat spot on the axle and the bolt prevent deflection. On this design the tightness of the collar prevents deflection I am imagining. I know that same type of collar holds the entire motor mount twisting forces normally so I am not saying its a flaw but pointing out a change I think could use highlighting.

Also since you said that part is temporary and being CNC cut for the final run… this change I pointed out could be erased… making my comment maybe useless.

2 Likes

The plan is to make motor mount plates that are similar to the Stooge Racing trucks. Compatible with belts but not gear drive.

1 Like

The new trucks with adapters from @Savage1 would be sick! I have a funny feeling Phil is going to get busy after these trucks are released! I’m probably going to be one of those customers!

1 Like