MAD x Stooge Trucks

I notice these questions have been left unanswered.

I’m also curious as to what type of testing these have seen that you are willing to commit to 200 units straight off the bat.

4 Likes

Moe has ridden on these and was really happy with the ride quality. I will be setting them up really soon and riding them over the next few weeks. Can’t say how many miles. I will ride them until I believe the product is ready for consumers.

The goal of his truck is not to replace the SRB HD. The goal is to put 3-link technology into an easy to install package. These truck were designed for all-around street riding. The MADxStooge and SRB HD trucks are meant to compliment each other.

The cost comes down when the number of units increases. 200 is about the right mix of price per unit and how much fiscal risk I am willing to take.

2 Likes

Do the MAD version use the same 5/8” HD threaded axle or is it a smaller version?

3 Likes

A few parts including the axles will be he same as on the HD. After I have the truck mounted up, I will take more pics.

Uggh! Right when I unbox the motors I realize they don’t have pulleys. I ordered them but will ttake some to time to get here.

2 Likes

Same axle with one big difference. The axles has been machined down at the ends to 10mm.

2 Likes

This baseplate is meant to run our inverted rod 3-link.

By using a short rod it puts the steering inside a 6" wheels radius protecting it from being struck.

By design it is meant to mimick DKP setbacks and installed wheelbase without compromising performance.

I imagine it could be tweaked for gravity but i couldn’t say if it would be good for that or not.

5 Likes

14 Likes

5 Likes

what kind of spacing is needed for these to be mounted drop through? Is it safe to assume they can be done drop through on majority of drop through setups?

1 Like

The MAD X Stooge trucks have a very similar geometry to DKPs but mount on the bottom. They should be used with anti-sink plates.

2 Likes

any updates??

2 Likes

Getting better and better. Sorry for the delay guys. The wait will be worth it.

14 Likes

Looking good! Are those 10mm axles?

3 Likes

Looks like it

2 Likes

Sad that he replied to me before and I just asked the same question. Covid brain :upside_down_face::woozy_face:

2 Likes

sooo uhhh, will we be getting a 12mm option too?

2 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

I don’t have any plans for a 12mm version. Maybe if there is enough demand, a 12mm version could be made.

Keep in mind this truck is meant to replace all the DKPs out there.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you’ll be at esk8con again in 2024? Will you be bringing these trucks?

I haven’t felt like building anything for a while but it looks like I might be getting a gen 1 Evolve CF deck from @Ricardo, these trucks looks promising for the build!

3 Likes

Yup. Got a double tent. Will bring the trucks. By ESK8con, they will most likely be on several MAD ambassador’s boards.

5 Likes