M1 Gear Drives and TB 110s

Hello,

I have a buddy trying to set these drives up on a set of TB 110s. Did you guys have to sand anything down to get a good fit? Seems like an unnecessarily amount of force is required to seat them.

These are a new set of 110s so should not have flipped cores.

1 Like

I have TB110s and a set of these drives in my workshop, I’ll try to get the adapter in the wheel today and see how much force is needed if you don’t get an answer anytime soon. From what I remember a lot is required since it is press fit.

@KaramQ @Boardnamics just in case

2 Likes

Thanks, I don’t want to fuse the parts together by telling him to hammer away haha

If you do hammer, and I’m not recommending to do it or not to do it – here is a guide for a different piece of hardware

Maybe it can give you some ideas.

1 Like

You don’t have to guess, you can look.

If you look inside the spoke holes, there is a seam. That seam should be closer to the inside on a regular core, and closer to the outside on a flipped core. So either 30% of the way out, or 70% of the way. The holes themselves are slightly tapered, and that’s the skinniest point.

1 Like

Good to know as you obviously can’t check with the adapter itself on both sides.

1 Like

@Static just checked, and I was able to get the drive adapter in my TB110s probably about 70% in before a considerable amount of force was required. Didn’t put it all the way in as I still need to assemble my set

1 Like

It’s a press fit pulley. Put force into it!

3 Likes

Looking good, all seams near the back

Thanks @ARZ @b264 @KaramQ

Just needed a few mallet swings. Hate to tell someone something and then they find out they were screwed from the get go.

Seems like he’ll be rolling soon :pray:

2 Likes

nice drivetrain, what’s the clearance on those 110s?

3 Likes

What clearance are you referring to? I can try to get some measurements in today but still don’t have mine assembled :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ah i meant ground clearance, from the pic it looks like about 10mm? i want to get an idea, incase i would go for M1GD in the future

1 Like

Sorry bro, not my drivetrain

My guess is around 19mm as I get about 9mm on some 90mm(plan to go at least 97mm).

1 Like

According to this : Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News it should indeed be 19mm

3 Likes

niceeeee, all i need is 10~12mm. thanks guys

2 Likes