M-TKP TRUCKS : Get smooth with high speed !

Great! Exactly what I have wanted for a long time. @YUTW123 Can I get a set to test and review? Will of course pay for it.

BTW, what’s the axle length? I’m slightly worried the track may be a tad narrow unless the axle is longer than what 177mm/8mm SR TKP hangers have.

5 Likes

Thanks for the nomination, but im more of a consumer than a tester. my area doesn’t have enough variety of road to test on, mainly flat here, the only hill area pretty much have daily accident…I don’t wanna risk it. Besides, my job doesn’t really allow me to test during the day time, which I deemed an important part while testing anything. Maybe @Linny is up for the task?

3 Likes

I’m focusing some funds on other things at the moment, i’d pass the baton to @BillGordon because i know he has TKP experience and he’s heavier so would be a good factor to take in to prevent flexibois from happening.

6 Likes

I would love to see some split angle offerings throw a 30 or 25 degree option in there for the rear!

4 Likes

I suppose (hope) the 200mm is the hanger length (without the axles).

5 Likes

I just hope the axles have space for a pulley with integrated bearing. Otherwise esk8 people will be sad.

Not sure if I’d be a good tester because I don’t have an electric board to test these on at the moment, but I’ll probably be buying a set for my pushboard, which I can try to abuse.

3 Likes

Looking at the picture of it, that seems highly unlikely. I don’t think the visible part of the axle is more than 5cm long.

2 Likes

It’s quite obvious where the inspiration came from but the bushing seat design is actually quite a bit different from SR. Definitely not a shameless copy.

2 Likes

Axle length option will be great.

2 Likes

@YUTW123 you need to make the axles longer or we can’t use this truck.

7 Likes

Depends on how long they actually are. If they are ~50mm (exposed part), that would be OK. I’m running 177mm SR TKP hangers with the BN axles (58mm exposed part) and that’s fine. Not to say that longer wouldn’t be better. It would.

1 Like

better :joy:

4 Likes

unless the bushing holder is compatible with Surf Rodz hangers; then we could mix and match to save a buck / get different angles. Surf Rodz baseplates are about 37 degrees.

As for hanger / axle length:
With a 177 hanger and BN axles with 25mm more space than a standard skate axle (before the 8mm part), with MT 6355 motors and Idea mounts I have about 8mm space between motors when using a 15mm 3d servisas pulley. (4mm gap to the center)

So it seems like axles need a minimum of 8mm more space for pulleys. So a 200mm hanger with 8mm longer axles would be 216mm wheel bearing to wheel bearing VS my setup’s 227mm (177 + 2x25). I.e., 11mm less. Which means a setup like mine (15mm pulleys, 6355 motors) wouldn’t fit! :scream:

So either we need a slightly longer hanger by 4mm, or each axle needs to be at least 10mm longer than a standard skate axle. And maybe add another few mm due to any measurement errors I’ve made.

Edit: updated all the numbers in this post since learning that my axles weren’t all the way in. Analysis still checks out though.

3 Likes

Yes I agree with all this. I think adding just barely enough length isn’t good, give us some heather room.

1 Like

Thanks for the nom, I would always love to try out new things. I’ve never ridden TKP before, but I’ve heard they are only great up to about 30 mph. Not sure how these will be different exactly but you never know.

Anyways, I’m currently working on a DV6 review for David right now so I should probably finish that and post it first :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I generally agree with this unless you have skills/balls of steel, split angle and harder duro helps a lot tho

3 Likes

:arrow_up: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Have you tried DKP? I’ve tried DKP and I gather TKP are basically similar but with more street cred

2 Likes

The board I’m building on my channel right now is DKP, will be the first DKP that I’ve ridden

2 Likes