Lycaon GR motor "Mod" conversion

hi

I’ve got a Lycaon GR skateboard inherited from a relative, and thinking using motors+battery+controller to other things. (E-bikes / kids go-kart) my problem is how do get power from motor to axle can i use “cloudwheels” Cable to motor goes through axle so cant just hold wheel and let axle spin??
or is it a better/cheaper way ?

i have no skateboard skills but been doing Computer/phone repair & electronics for years.
want to do something fun whit it

thanks

1 Like

I think this will suits your needs :

Sleeves that goes over your hub motors, and 2 fronts normal cloudwheels to replace the existing wheels

i have no use to completely new wheels and motors i just need a way to transfer torque to a axle. “cloudwheels” options is if i can add a axle to it ?

Red: power to motor
green: axle
Blue: wheel

if i send power to motor blue wheel spins. if i hold down blue wheel. green axle spins.
if i add axle too blue wheel then it feels like easiest way get spinning torque.?

You can’t hold the motor in place and have the axle spin because of the wires going into the motor, right?

Wait your axle is spinning? At that point you’re gonna have to start replacing parts of the drivetrain.

I think he’s wanting to reverse engineer the motor. To use it as a regular motor…

1 Like

Oh…

2 Likes

Yeah, no that’s not possible for many reasons
If you want cloudwheel on this board, use sleeves

this is the normal motor > power > axle spins… add sprocket chain etc.
my motor > power > wheel spins. i cant add sprocket & chain to axle. so add axle to wheel it should work?
was thinking if there is any hardware 5 hole 70mm plate that i can add and get a axle on other side ?

That would be complicated to make, and make too big of a lever arm for the truck, which will bend for sure

i want a Axle that spins when i turn motor on. cloudwheel is only of i can add axle to it.

bend ? where ?

You want to ride with cloudwheels, right ?
Well you can, without some fuckery elsewhere, just get 2 normal wheels and 2 cloudwheels sleeves !!! Have you seen my link ?!

Between the inside of the hub motors and the middle

What if i remove rubber wheel and ad sprocket where Red is ? then i can just mount trucks (got welder) just add chain ?

but how do i get 5 hole pattern ? is there something standard like on car wheels ?

there will not be any skateboard left… i want to cannibalize motor+battery+controller to other things…

Yes seen your link… i’m trying to go as cheap as possible. just losing whole point if i buy motors if i already have motors.
was more starting this thread because i have zero knowledge about skateboards…
needed to think and got it

You’re not buying any motors there, just the wheels

The sprocket idea could work, but i don’t really see the point, it’s a loooot of hassle, and potentially destroying a working board

You guys don’t understand he doesn’t want to make a skateboard, so he doesn’t need sleeves! he just wants to use the motors for other stuff.

1 Like