Lycaon GR motor "Mod" conversion

Aaaaah

Ok short thing no you cannot just lock the “rotor” of this hub motor (the part where the wheel is mounted) because truck side, where you mount it, is fixed with the “stator” (the part where you have all the copper windings inside) and the cables ; lock the wheel and let the axle go free and you’ll rip the cables in one single spin and maybe do more damage.

Do you have a 3d printer and a bearing able to fit the hole road side? Or a machine CNC shop? Or are you simply able to make a Friction drive setup?

If not, I’d suggest you steer away from the conversion :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Yeah I understood this at the end, still don’t understand where the cloudwheel come in in a non skateboard thing

1 Like

That I don’t either, I think he’s confused about what Cloudwheel is, not sure…

1 Like

??? My brain just went poof

2 Likes

this is from a youtube video that 5 hole pattern is same as mine. for me that bolt is a shaft and can be used for transfer torque/rotation whit a sprocket.
Cloudwheel

link to youtube video

ofcors i am :smiley: my Knowledge about skateboarding is Zero percent

“working” 1: no charger, 2: plywood is bad many marks. 3: battery is in questionable state.
I can donate the stuff i don’t need if someone lives in Sweden (Stockholm)

this… yes got them, was thinking shaveing of same thickness on rubber whel as this sprocket whit 60mm hole ofc and add 5 hole pattern… add everything back again and screw it tight…

my skill in painting is remarkable!! definitely Rembrandt class

1 Like

So do you want ride using cloudwheels? Or do you want to power a banana juicer with this thing?

1 Like

what u r asking here is basically turning a hub motor into a outrunner motor that has a shaft sticking out so u can mount pulley on to it.

i don’t think anyone has attempted that before, at best was carvon drive, which turn hub motor into direct drive, but that’s a lot of work to put into it, and result isn’t guaranteed it will work nicely.

this was a stupid design which iwonder came out to hype up people buying the cloudwheels, as the red piece u see does not actually have axle, the bolt that was used to pretend to be the wheel axle is only held on by the 5 or 6 screws that the red adapter piece screw into the side of the hub motor, it doesn’t transfer the torque from the hub motor to the cloudwheel, it just extends it. not an ideal design to mimic if u r trying to mod ur hub motor.

cloudwheel donut exist, use that

1 Like

that’s what im saying, u r trying to make the hub motor to use it as an outrunner motor

1 Like

nope not any more …

i will take this add 60mm hole + 5 holes for screws Blue Paint is sprocket

its for Ghetto cheap ass electric bicycle.

find this distance

then use cad to make a sprocket with those holes, turn it into a DXF and have sendcutsend.com make you a laser-cut sprocket.

Diameter is 70mm so radius 35mm

shiping from US to EU ? I’ve sent a mail and ask’t
it was difficult trying do bike sprocket and some features couldn’t be done… the holes is 3mm smallest they could do was 6.35mm

do some research for laser cutting in the EU

This post is making my brain ooze a bit. Super confusing… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

R u trying to use the hub motors as a regular outrunner motor and then attach a chain to it? Which hub motors to begin with dont have torque and so that really wouldnt improve anything.

Cloud wheels are just wheels. Use a sleeve if you want to use them on these hub motors.

Also your gonna have to spend some money if you want to make a project out of this. You’re better off buying new parts and starting fresh.

If you have zero knowledge on esk8 stuff, do a lil more browsing and reading. This site has a lot of info to dig up on along with educational videos on YouTube. Coming here and shooting from the hip with questions that you dont understand the terminology for isnt helping you.

if two hub motors can move person X on a skateboard 20-25miles/h
just arranging exactly same hub motors to chain ad maybe 10lbs why would torque change ?

if it doesn’t work i just get a 36V alternator/DC starter motor from some junk yard.
its more about learning welding, electronics, gear ratio etc…

1 Like

because u r probably not doing 1:1 ratio? or r u? with what size bike rim / tire?

just the low kv motor alone isn’t gonna bring u anywhere with that kind of build

also

what u r doing here is basically turning the hub motor into an outrunner motor just without the shaft sticking out, ask anyone if they think the same thing

No my plan is not to use 1:1 ratio i don’t know what ration i will use.
if i used best ratio of you’re suggestion would it work then ? bicycles have gear changers i should try use a MTB… its just a test if it doesn’t work fine. i test another motor.