Luukjes pneumie rim design, interest poll in first post.

Yes, but that would require two different halves to mill, resulting in more costs. I do think that if you know the pattern its easy to drill afterwards.

I would disagree. Something like this needs precision which is easy to do via CNC but hard to do via hand drill or drill press.

I’m also looking for something that can house kegal pulley inserts

You could just have both sides have kegal :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

now what i can do ishave the pattern drilled in the inner side of the rims, so that way its easy to drill through to the front?

1 Like

For ISO 2768 medium youll probably want to undersize the bearing seat and have the bearings press fit

2 Likes

i will do that, thank you for that input <3 i looked it up, its about 0.1mm tolerance.

also decided to make the outer rim smooth.

afbeelding

what do you think of this moon?

2 Likes

you probably want a 1mm fillet here to prevent the inner tube getting stabbed by the hub

7 Likes

yes i did that already :+1:

3 Likes

What i will do for the people that wanna mount them on lets say kegel adaptors:

Pre drilled holes, exept not all the way through. this way you dont see the holes when not using them. and when you use them people can drill through them and the pattern will be on point.

7 Likes

Maybe leave just 1-2mm? That’s less material to drill through and it wouldn’t impact what it looks like from the outside

It may be like that already, just hard to tell from rendering angles

1 Like

yes it is like that now

5 Likes

Awesome, that’d be dope! And helps solve my melting rim issue :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Love those rims, makes me wanna do a full vw design :grin:

3 Likes

The model is being printed by my friend to see how the design worked out. Im kinda exited tbh.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Prefer if it were 3 inches wide… either that or if you could find an extremely low profile tyre to go with this. The hub itself has no draw factor, at least to me - more like what’s used on delivery vehicles like trucks and vans, functional and economical.

7 Likes

I was thinking about this too, but the thing with 6x3 is that the hub has to be offset, resulting in two different halves being milled, I can do this but it will result in more expensive rims, or a bigger investment from me.

1 Like

2.5inches?

1 Like

ill see what i can do to make it 3 inch wide, i felt like doing that aswell actually. the print was to test if they will fit together anyway, so the width will not be a problem

also about your remark with the functionality look, i believe you are right, however i personally love it :stuck_out_tongue: what i do take from this is that indeed the screws are big compared to the rim and that they are in the middle. i feel like it would be better to move them to the outer sides of the rim, have more of them and make them m3 instead of m4.

afbeelding

3 Likes

Yes, it needs a certain composition to be considered designed… good reference!

1 Like