LLT SmartBMS killed my battery.

That kinda sucks. I guess you could put the pin 12 on the loop key as well? Which pins are powering it?

1 Like

i believe it’s the first and last balance lead i ran it powering those two leads to grab the settings.

2 Likes

At least that’s the right way to do it (or via the main leads). The BMS’ that tap off power from the third cell (or wherever) just force the pack to become unbalanced and make the BMS work like crazy.

1 Like

Yah my lipo alarms power from the first 2 cells, and i discovered the imbalance once when i accidentally left them attached for a week. annoying for sure.

1 Like

heh. the warnings out there 2 years ago. :smiley:

3 Likes

another observation in the wild.

2 Likes

Bigger pack less problem. Turning off ports & balancing except when charging helps

3 Likes

Does anyone know if they can be turned off using the plug with the black and red wire that come with it? Do you just close the loop?

1 Like

The switch only controls discharge on/off

Is it better to short the wires? If not using discharge? Is there a way to turn off the bms completely when the board is stored for a while?

1 Like

Not without unplugging it. I leave the switch wires off and just leave it open

Will a XT30 loop key on the B- turn it off?

So if the switch on the BMS turns off the discharge, can it be used to power the board on and off when using discharge?

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend this. A lot of bms need the main b- connected, and bad things might happen if that connection is cut.

Absolutely.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate your input. I’m wiring my pack now. This bms takes up a lot of space and I can’t decide if I want to go with Focbox Unity or VESC 6.6. I have both but not sure which one is better.

They should make a charge only smart bms, I asume it would be smaller without the discharge components.

1 Like

Guys i also have the issue tht after a long time of use my battery pack (16s5p) only has 2v left of power. Even my smart bms with bluetooth isnt recognized any more as the voltage is too low. I tried to liad the pack but its not liading as the bms has too low voltage i think
Is there anything i can do??
Kr and thx vor any help

This is the bms

1 Like

get a new pack made if ur battery is only at 2v, that pack is dead already and u SHOULD NOT try to revive it

2 Likes

To reiterate, do not, this is a fire waiting to happen if attempted revival.

3 Likes

=== :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Ok think ill build a new pack then with the new molicell 45b
And a switch to turn off the bms :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: