LLT SmartBMS killed my battery.

ok, actually not building my board and letting it sit for over a year with the BMS attached killed it.

total voltage: 0.225v
each pgroup: 15-20 mV
sit time: 1y 6mo.

got this battery built in june of 2021, didn’t build my board. gave it all to @DEEIF, who also got too busy to get to it. So it sat.

now it’s dead.

let my dumbness be many lessons to the rest of you. :smiley:

11 Likes

imagine the engineers making a smart bms and not implementing a voltage cutoff :grimacing:

dumm

10 Likes

Batteries are like Tomogotchi, the little bastards need attention on occasion :joy:

6 Likes

that’s a fair point. :smiley:

It’s like. battery low… i will cut the load… but me? me? im special. i get power.

4 Likes

What is the exact smart BMS? Just so anyone else can avoid it happened to them

5 Likes

LTT smart BMS.
With the bluetooth module attached.

4 Likes

sorry to hear, I’ve seen this happen a few times. Generally happens with dud units.

1 Like

Whack, I’ve never seen This happen before. Is it possible the voltage precision was set too low and passive balancing was activated?

1 Like

Unfortunately your battery wasn’t the only battery that died while it sat. @DEEIF supersport battery died too because of vici wiring it wrong. Smart bms drain is funky, always unplug bms if you are going to let it sit

1 Like

Hmmm?

2 Likes

A BMS manufacturer shipping dud units means they are a shitty BMS manufacturer.

1 Like

I guess there is no good BMS manufacturer.

3 Likes

How do you know they are duds?

2 Likes

i never got to look at it. probably however it was set from the factory. Maybe I can try to set myself up to power it on and see if I can get the settings.

1 Like

Factory settings wouldn’t have killed it. But yeah let’s see if we can take a peak at them

watch idle drain. if its significant you got a dud

Can they be turned off with the 2 wire plug?

just had my supersport sit for nearly 6 months at 3.8v. cells are fine

1 Like

I had the bms app connected on a phone I rarely use and that drained a battery pretty quick.

2 Likes

It was a custom battery

1 Like