Love the Hoyt Rx/tx frequency hopping, but hate the puck?

Find a Dremel and an old boosted case and go to town.

Tried it without the case and was a huge improvement,. Then went to town putting inside a boosted.

https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/e/b/eb72d27aa02b2dec44e2345522a1ab0ba0b07ae7.mp4

The red one is v1 of hacking the Hoyt.

I’m 50/50 if I want to go boosted style or mini hoty.

With the case removed you get more motion and coverage if you’re using thick gloves.

Some will say if it ain’t broke , don’t fix it. But I disliked the puck format. To each its own. Still a biggilion times better then a flipsky or nano

6 Likes

New territory mate, someone also did this once. You might want to talk to him about a drop-in conversion.

7 Likes

@JJHoyt

2 Likes

Thought provoking. Always thought folks were pining for a trigger, not a handle thumb throttle.

6 Likes

Triggers aren’t kind to those with crampy hands. Thumb gives some more control IMO

3 Likes

Oh man, you wouldn’t believe the hand cramps I was suffering the other day assembling and updating remotes. I was underhydrated (only coffee until 2pm!) and intensely using my hands, then BAM! I was jumping around the workshop trying to break the cramp only to have it return seconds later over and over. Pete and Austin were committing innumerable age discriminations. It was horrifying. A Lannister always pays his debts…

12 Likes

I like trigger throttle, I have a hard time pushing the trigger forward for brake, donno why. I like the evolve and maytech remote, I don’t like how unreliable the maytech seems. There is no solution to my problem I’m just whiny.

4 Likes

Who knows how to set up a vote? Trigger vs throttle preference.

2 Likes

If Hoyt can release a remote ~20% smaller in diameter I think it’d be perfect for my baby hands. Unfortunately, probably not enough demand for that to happen. Just going to help OSRR Grenade can be downsized a bit.

3 Likes

FTFY

1 Like
  • throttle
  • trigger

0 voters

Must say that the trigger to accelerate and another separate trigger you push with your thumb to brake also did it for me (when I still had my BGT and R2 remote). Not sure why everything needs to happen on one potentiometer.

5 Likes

When is the OSRR expected to come out? I’m stuck between getting a Hoyt Midnight puck from @370HSSV Lei(much faster) or should I go with the waiting game and try and snag an OSRR?

Do you have baby teenager hands? If so, the puck may be uncomfortable with all but the thinnest of gloves/no gloves might feel just right but you don’t wanna grind your weener holder into ground meat on asphalt.

TBH, Hoyt Puck w/no gloves feels wonderful.

If your hands are fairly small (like if you wear size S or XS gloves) I’d wait for OSRR. 2 months at most?

Or you could 3D print a smaller shell in PETG. There’s a bit of diameter that could be shaved off IIRC

2 Likes

I’ve got small-ish hands lol… I never ride with gloves on unless I know I’m about to do some stupid stuff… :joy:

I’ll ask Andrew on when he thinks he will have a couple more OSRR’s for sale so I can get my timing right with all my parts… Worst comes to worst I just buy the Hoyt puck from @370HSSV when I pick up/get my battery :grin:

Hey! I have the same issue. I’ve always liked a trigger remote and felt that it had more control than a thumb remote. I changed to a thumb remote because of hoyt’s reliable remote system but just can’t get used to it. I’ve always considered a trigger mod for the hoyt remote but… have always been to lazy to do it.

3 Likes

Haven’t used the hoyt yet but it does feel very nice in hand. I’m pretty happy with trigger or thumbwheel, but I hate the dual trigger evolve/maytech remotes.

1 Like

might be better to design a remote case and 3D print it. Rather than hack a boosted remote.

But hey, quick and dirty workaround.

1 Like

I finally got my hands on a Hoyt puck and it’s about 20% smaller than I expected it to be. Still feels good in hand, but all the pictures I saw of it made me think of was bigger.

2 Likes

If you’re getting an osrr and don’t have bear-man hands you’ll want a Bruce style shell for your remote. The HHG was just too big for me, and I’ve got fairly large mits. Not bear-man hands though.

Can’t comment on the dong styled shell :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes