Louis’s First Build? Nothing Special, Move Along | [Clickbait]

that sucks, but at least its better than buying same item in EU with higher price :joy:

1 Like

Well if only amazon were to stock every item from aliexpress then i persoanlly would pay the extra for fast shipping, but everything i need is hard to find in the EU, at least not with 4x markup price which is not acceptable imo

2 Likes

that’s true, i would also pay for amazon fast and free shipping over anything, and also amazon CS is actually quite good.

for real? that sucks big times

2 Likes

cheers @PixelatedPolyeurthan just ordered the 65v and 17amp version hopefully customs wont stop it

saw on amazon and they wanted to charge 350$ when it wasnt on prime even and from aliexpress with dhl (prob take a week to come) it costed 200$

2 Likes

they didn’t stop mine. they arrived at my front door and was like
-Hello! you got a package, you have 30 euros to pay!

So i paid cash in lots of 10 and 5 cent coins :rofl:

damn that’s pretty good!
I’m sure you got it sorted, but with 17A you need to have a bms that can handle that current and make sure that your charge port it rated for that :smile:

3 Likes

llt should be ok at around 15 an using xt60
need a fuse also for that high

1 Like

Was it not a 12S6P P42A?

2 Likes

Oups missed this.
My battery? Yeah it’s a 12s6p p42a. Did I say otherwise?

1 Like

nope. (Samsung 50G seems to be nice…) You saw the 4WD vs 2WD thread…?
I litterally showed him my board. You have enough power with 2WD, but you know the difference on hill with 4WD. But costs, meh.

1 Like

Yeah I can go up very steep hills but I only slowly with my weight at the back because if traction.

I’m thinking if a 4wd build tbh, I’ve even contemplated selling this one, or parting it out, to make a 4wd :pensive:

My setup is one of the best MTB for 2wd possible I reckon. 18s would have made it better if course but when I started building it the only option was a trampa 65/100 (or whatever they are called) and then after buying most of my parts the esk8 evolution exploded with the spintend and high voltage setup’s. I do regret that now but damn it’s so hard to get your first build “right”!

2 Likes

Always on track. :joy:

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan P42A maybe on the way… (12S8P…)

1 Like

For your new build?

1 Like

Existing. trying out nese…

1 Like

Oh nice! I always wanted to try nese modules. It’s a very safe way of building a battery at the expense of size :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

18650 12S8P fitted my existing enclosure. B&W Type 1000

1 Like

Awesome! You need to update your build thread! Or make a new one, The Bro Revised :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’ve been so busy lately, sorry for the lack of updates.
Got to change the hole positive on the ESC enclosure because @Bavioze sorta messed that up :rofl: it was interfering with the rachet of the bindings.
Also fixes my remote mod, because I didn’t off-centre the me hole like I mentioned in my original post. Looks much better now :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’m having the same problem with my enclosure :sob:

I don’t want to drill new holes!!!

2 Likes

Heyheyhey you can have your name upside down :rofl:

2 Likes