Louis’s First Build? Nothing Special, Move Along | [Clickbait]

That handle tho :joy:

I have 2 different ways of using a bell.

-with my hub board (at least that how i had it before switching the remote and using this as police bait.

with my mtb:

remote in the other hand. Safety hazard? Possibly, though i don’t wear it all the time. I have it in my pocket and can put it on quickly if needed.

2 Likes

unfortunately yes :sweat_smile: i do wish it was lighter.

when you tuck and put your hands behind your back it actually awesome to hold on to it with the other hand haha.

1 Like

Prettty dang cool, congrats.

I’m desigining my own 3D printed enclosure for my mountain board, and it looks very similar in design lol you’ll see when I do a build thread.

It’s a lot bigger though, mine will be holding a 12s9p battery, but I like how yours came out so I’m more excited for mine as a result lol

3 Likes

Whoa…awesome build and some damn clever engineering!
Thank you for sharing it with us.

2 Likes

Whaaaat?? Dude this build is incredible, congrats!! You freaking battle hardened your own motors, added a bell to your remote, worked with some incredible people :hushed: If anything your the inspiration Louis!!

5 Likes

Thank you for all your kind words!

Thought I’d share my charging setup.

I have a cheap 4a YZ power 12s charger and a Gophert 6011 adjustable charger that does 0-60v at 0-11A.
This bad boy can charge my pack in just over 2h.
That’s a 1082Wh (25.2Ah) pack that can charge from 0-100% in 2 hours :smirk:.

I also have male XT30 on all my chargers so I can have the corresponding adapter for what ever I need to charge. Pretty handy when you have different ports on different board, or if you are in a group ride :grin:

5 Likes

how do you find the gophert one? i was considering buying one

1 Like

Weight, dimensions, loudness?

3 Likes

AliExpress. Expensive though. I paid mine 124euro and somehow got taxed 20euro upon delivery… Even though I messaged the sellers asking them to under declare and they said they put a value of 20euro… :fu:

€ 110,88 15%OFF | CPS-6011 Mini Adjustable Compact High Power Digital DC Power Supply 60V 11A Laboratory Power Supply for Phone Repair EU US Plug

2 Likes

dont mind price gonna look for a higher amp version though maybe 17

3 Likes

Runs a fan when it gets hot, it’s a bit noisy. I’d say similar to an old laptop when it gets hot and runs it’s fans. Dimensions are

16cm wide X 25.5cm long X 8.5cm high.

Weighs 1.7kg

These are my measurements btw, not something I pulled off the web

4 Likes

Yeah didn’t want to trust ali numbers. Thank you

4 Likes

Trampa’s 12s 12A version is 100% silent. Big and heavy though, but no fans at all

Edit for pic:

4 Likes

would like adjustable and prob closer to 20amps max

will see though and i dont really mind to much about the fan

1 Like

Damn that seems really good for indiscriminately charging at a cafe or uni. Could charge a 30Q 12s4p from empty to full in an hour :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Charges my board in an hour. I never really get it under 20% because my limit for sore feet is around 30km, but you get the idea. 12s4p p42a.

I assume it would start to throttle in the summer left in the sun, but can’t complain really. And it takes a regular computer psu cable too

4 Likes

:muscle::fire::fire:

2 Likes

they also have to write that on the shipping label if u want to double check :joy:

2 Likes

Dude thank you for the awesome thread, it was a thrill to read ! And yea that bell sounds impressively good haha

3 Likes

which it wasn’t, because i checked :wink:
they wrote down 124 as the item value.

Thank you :laughing:
at 40euro you’d hope so :sweat_smile: but it really is a quality bell.

3 Likes