Loopkey mounting. How do you do it?

@b264 @Andy87 do we have a how to make a loopkey thread yet? Wanna link it at to top.

3 Likes

Not yet as from my side. I think @b264 did write up something one day on the other place. Maybe he can transfer that here as well.

2 Likes

I know there’s more than one way to do it. I need to make one soon. Would love to see what my options are.

@Skunk you sent me one, want it back? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Lol no worries. You’ll need it probably

1 Like

@Flasher How does this mount to the board?

I’m always worried a stick or some debris will catch my string and yank the key out, despite being on the side. I’ve been considering mounting them facing forward, though my key has never been pulled out on the move.

Mike sent me a print of his xt90 holders for the Male side. I wanted it to stay clean.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s nice looking. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a 3d print file on the “other” side that I saw and got my inspiration from

Found it in thingiverse directly…didn’t feel like going on the “other side”.

Edit: Lol my inspiration is also higher up in this thread :rofl:

1 Like

Like this:

9 Likes

I know someone here has it hidden in the drop through hole. I can’t remember who it is though. That is probably the smartest I have seen

2 Likes

It’s nothing special but it’s compact and has both charge/loop key… mounts from the inside with a pair of bolts (clearly mmaner inspired)

XT60 male left, XT90 male right

1 Like

the charge port is xt60 sized?

Yeah…8A so can’t really use the normal ports and my 10s are already XT30

Think I can run a Unity directly off the charger PSU?

i would check for gigles how much amps you draw on a normal bench test (metr recording or similar) if it´s below 8A I don´t see a problem to use the charger as bench power supply.
Disclaimer, I´m not an EE… all on own risk :joy:

1 Like

Lol it wouldn’t be my Unity anyways…my friend will have one eventually

On bench testing it never pulled more than 5 amps? I was using small hubs and an online power meter

@evoheyax has the best system I have seen so far. Hides in the truck baseplate and levers out. He will have to spill the beans on how or risk the wrath of Skatan.

Edit; Probs only good for drop through but still very nice.

4 Likes

c9ed3c7112d1feac73a09aa03accdb79ddefbc9d_2_375x500 83ccd7f97795ac3e87b060598ad8ac407e6d0a88_2_375x500

8 Likes

Is there a convention for male vs female being boardside?

Echoing LR-designs, cheaper keys if the female terminals are board side since the male are large enough to easily catch and short on an errant wire, coin or jackass without much protection from the female connector housing.

Comes at the cost of desoldering and hacking a case if built in if the antispark resistor fails

• XT90-s (male connector, female terminals) board side
  • XT90-s (female connector, male terminals) key side

0 voters

1 Like