LOOOOOONGBOARD (6WD 8ft Longboard)

Progress pics https://imgur.com/a/4OZYvyM

Vid The Six Person Longboard that's Strong Enough to Pull a Car - YouTube

This is my custom electric longboard. Wanted to build a longboard that lived up to its name and honestly I want it to be longer.

The deck is made from 9 sheets 16th and vinyl sheeting that I glued and press together with a custom-built press. The deck is three quarters of an inch thick. I ran 2 half inch strips of cardboard along the bottom outer edges then covered it in 4 layers of fiberglass for reinforcement. I did not know how to fiberglass so this was a huge learning curve and ended up redoing it three times. That was fun. The additional length of really dampens the bumps in the road and has a fun trampoline feel to it.

I had to add Waterbourne surf adapters for the ability to turn and the additional height prevented wheel bite which was a happy accident. The additional weight does not make the front surf adapters very happy at low speeds, it becomes very loose but once you get about 5 mph it’s like riding a regular longboard. I actually broke the front surf adapter on a major pot hole and waterborne replaced for free, that company is awesome and so their product. The board is powered by 3 boosted boards. Two mini S’s and One X. Top speed is about 20mph and 20-22 miles is the range. All 6 wheels power the board. It accelerates much faster than a normal board. If you floor it you must lean very far forward or it will throw you. It weighs 60lbs. It beat my roommate in a game of tug-o-war, It’s had 6 people ride it at once, It pulled a Toyota Supra. I put about 200 miles on this board so far and in the 16 years I’ve been longboarding this is my favorite board I’ve ever ridden.

The controllers are housed in a 3D custom housing that took 7 versions to get prefect. Velcro straps hold the triggers down and controllers in place. Each controller was opened and replaced the throttle wheels with custom 3D printed wheels which allow a rod to be inserted through all controller allowing one input to control 3. Since the front truck is facing a different direction I crossed the motor wires reversing the inputs for the rear. For so reason the controllers don’t like rolling up to go forward like a normal boosted board. What ever I’m doing upsets the board and the controllers start randomly beeping. Having the throttle wheels roll back to go forward doesn’t anger the system as much.

Feel free to ask me anything!

45 Likes

Ha, you made it over here!

Welcome to the esk8.news forum!

12 Likes

Oh hey, welcome to the cool kids club! Keep up the madness \m/

9 Likes

Who would’ve thunk that I would watch a man pull a Supra, while it does a burnout, with a eight foot electric skateboard today.

4 Likes

Yep! Thank you!

I did. Lol

1 Like

I think my most liked post on here was when I posted your skis in the pictures and nothing else category xD
I’m glad you found this place; I’d like to see what you could make with better parts than boosted.

5 Likes

Love it!!

Welcome to the stoner mad scientist dungeon

5 Likes

@Linny @avX i think this guy wants to have a dick longboard measuring contest. Who’s got the pics?

3 Likes

Dude i conceded defeat the moment i saw the first pic. But yea, great work @CodyHovland!

For reference, we did a looooong build too but it wasn’t as sophisticated as yours.

8 Likes

Lol nice crazy build, reminds me of when Corridor put a Landwheel kit on a surfboard

3 Likes

I watched the video finally. I didn’t believe it, but shit, it really pulled that supra, huh? my boosted mini doesnt feel near a third that powerful, but I guess “weight affects range more than power” is true to a far greater extent than I thought. Y’all almost bottomed out the middle there with the 6 person thing tho, be careful xD

1 Like

Holy shit, wtf. It can pull a car…That’s pulling the other direction. Since when 3x boosted board had so much power :joy:

If u put trucks in the middle part of the deck, it should reduce the flex to accommodate more weight

3 Likes

The Supra is simply no match for the schlong boosted board

6 Likes

Fun build, super-cool YT video
Bravo

4 Likes

Lmao welcome dude. I guess I’ll introduce you to this thread then.

Bet you feel right at home!

1 Like

Yooo! You’re the guy who made the electric skiis! :smiley:

Nice to have you on the forum, your videos rock! Maybe now that you’re here you might learn to use the DIY parts we do rather than combining 3 boosted boards remotes into a single one :laughing:

7 Likes

Yep that’s me!

2 Likes

It actually doesnt take much force to pull a car. If you lean against a car in neutral it’ll move.

3 Likes

True that, I pushed my fire bird about a half mile home once. Supras aren’t the heaviest cars, either.

2 Likes