Looking to buy-prebuilt(US)

Anybody have a prebuilt in the US they are looking to sell? Got about 600$ to spend and after some talk earlier seems my DIY might need to take the backseat for a bit until this fall but would love to have a decent board to ride the rest of the summer. There’s a few hills where I live and I’d like decent range maybe 10miles or so. Could always buy a Chinese board but figured I’d check in here first before making a decision.

For the need you’re describing, buy a Meepo V3 with the ER battery for $29 more than your budget, and you’ll be in great shape. When you build your DIY, it becomes a very capable backup board.

7 Likes

Look into the apsuboard. They are supposedly a meepo killer with amazing reliability.

They are belt drive boosted clones for half the price or less.

Here is a solid review by a reliable person. Hes reviewed almost every Chinese trash board out there, and this one was far beyond them all.

I ran into a guy today while riding and he chased me down on his meepo v3 and we swapped boards and rode for a bit. I was really surprised at how stable, fast and torquey that sucker was for $600.

2 Likes

he’s so painful though.

1 Like

Your diy was still better right?

1 Like

I’ve seen the apsuboard was a bit curious how even on the low end version they have expected 18mile range. And as for the v3 I was trying to find a few reviews but doesn’t seem like they have many out at the moment that I can find

1 Like

hell yeah it was. I maybe was slightly salty inside tho at how well his board performed for the price compared to mine. I still smoked him on a drag race and I was only pushing my limits to about 70%

3 Likes

Oh good, I got worried you were beat by a pre-built

2 Likes

I would be so sad if that happened

I’d suggest the Ownboard W2 with a coupon. Will get you right above the $600 mark but gets you plenty of wheels options and a decent amount of range. I’ve read the deck is comparable to the boosted too if that’s your thing.

1 Like

Dude someone was selling a Raptor 1 for 700 if it’s still available jump on it

4 Likes

Shit… Little late I just jumped on a boosted board v2 plus dual for 650 with 100miles. Looked at the w3 but couldn’t figure the hubs would last long on my steep hill commute . If I would’ve seen the raptor I would’ve bought it. Last I saw they had sold it

2 Likes

V2 Plus is a nice board. Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks man! Seem to be good reviews and service said they’d still take care of it so that’s a plus. Something to play with for the summer while I gather more DIY parts. Only shit part is it’s standard range so will need to invest

You could always throw a VESC in that ER Meepo and utilize all the current those 40T cells have to offer. An ER Meepo is the perfect starter board.

2 Likes

is there a tutorial on how to put a vesc in ownboard or meepo

1 Like

@Dareno has upgraded to vesc on a meepo before i think.

1 Like

Enertion did a video about it.

3 Likes