Looking for Subsonic Century 40

Pulled a complete bonehead move with my board and broke the deck. Didn’t shut off the board or the remote and started putting everything away. With no one on it and some room to accelerate it hit the curb and flew a good 8’ into the air.

Contacted Subsonic to order a new deck. They lost their lease and are not building any new decks. Looked around for a stock Subsonic Century 40 and it appears everyone is sold out.

Anyone know where I might find a Century 40? @eBoosted enclosure with everything built in. I would hate to change decks.

12 Likes

I broke my brothers nose in a similar fashion recently while he was working under his car. I had the remote tied to my wrist, and when I bent over to turn the board off, it got folded into my lap, and the throttle got pushed to max. It took off like a rocket, under the car, hitting him with one tire hard enough to shove his face into the bottom of the car, and break his nose. It’s a 40lb mountainboard. I felt so terrible.

Complacency is so easy after you get back from a ride. You assume the danger is over, but it isn’t until you turn your board or your remote off. I still can’t believe it.

10 Likes

Damn, hope noone was injured.

I think I have the last Subsonic 40" carbon fiber deck in the world lol but I can only offer it as combo already built, can’t sell the deck on its own unfortunately.

8 Likes

He looked like a mule kicked him for about a week, but he’s okay now.

2 Likes

Pictures and price just want to see this beauty

3 Likes

Oh noooooo! My heart feels for you right now, that is brutal my man. Hoping you the best of luck in your search, love that board

2 Likes

Looks like it’s $450 with double stack on the site.

2 Likes

Luckily we were out early on a Sunday morning and the parking lot was empty.

1 Like

Deal. Just bought it on your website.

8 Likes

Nice. I was giving you until the morning. I’d like another Century in case the current one dies.

6 Likes

I appreciate the time to decide. You are a good man.

7 Likes

I was so depressed that day my wife yelled at me. So I called my mommy to tell her what happened. I’m 60 years old.

11 Likes

Saved me a lot of money. I owe you thanks as well.

5 Likes

Last century in the world sold to @bourbon_norm

10 Likes

Wow…officially a collectors item huh

Starting to regret selling mine lol

5 Likes

A nice, wholesome dude right here.

3 Likes

Unless someone buys subsonic as a whole and continues their legacy

2 Likes

I placed an order in november of 2020 and was promised a deck. I am getting next to no information about my order and its status other than its finished and “on its way.” One can only pray.

In other words, same.

3 Likes

I saw one on facebook awhile back

1 Like

I LOVE my Century 40. If Subsonic is really gone for good somebody should offer to buy the press molds for that deck. I would buy another! It is sad to see such a good skateboard company go under.

5 Likes