Looking for Subsonic Century 40

Was that the shark build? If so, it’s a sad day😢. I thought that thing was sweet!

1 Like

Great idea what would a press mold cost?
I wonder if @bboybowzer could find out
It is such a unique board maybe @jamie could make a run on them I would definitely buy 1 or 2

3 Likes

We already tried. All or nothing.

4 Likes

I think I can make one . Just need to source a large band saw. I feel its alot like the evo with composite layup

2 Likes

The drop in the century is more agressive. Isn’t the evo +- 15 degrees at the end vs 10 degrees on the century?

3 Likes

You know it is a great riding board and I love it. I haven’t really watched but I am guessing I have ridden it 1500+ miles. It was my first build and I do want it back how it was. That said, I don’t think it is an ideal esk8 deck. The drop is very comfortable but notice in the picture I had almost 1" of risers to get ground clearance with a single stack enclosure. The deck broke right at the edge of the aluminum risers. Probably I should take a file to the edge of those risers before I put them on the new deck.

1 Like

How many ply? They made them in different ply.

Mine is like 10 ply with carbon on top and bottom(obviously the Carvbon on top and bottom doesn’t do alot for structure but the extra layers do

1 Like

My deck is much softer. What Subsonic called a Flex 2. 7 plies wood and 2 plies fiberglass.

2 Likes

:rofl: Probably not the mothers day call mommy was expecting.

3 Likes

I got one of the decks from the group buy that was described as: “rear holes are new school for clearance reasons. 10ply no fabrics”

Before I tuned the brakes correctly I had an incident where I had to bail BC a car suddenly threw it in reverse and I watched a Chevy Suburban drive over the middle of the board. Other than a few bent enclosure screws the board sustained no damage.

What wheels were you using? When I was running 110s I was also using thick plastic mountain board risers, I think they were 1.25". When I switched from direct drive to belts I changed over to 6x2 pneumatic tires and now I have plenty of clearance with no risers.

The board was super fun on the 110s despite the risers but I know what you mean. When I first got the deck it took a minute to figure out how to make it work properly with such a deep drop.

EDIT: I see in the pics that you were also on 6" tires. Perhaps we have different ideas of what constitutes ‘enough’ ground clearance.

2 Likes

Carbon top and bottom would do a great deal in terms of strength. One or the other not so much, but once it becomes a sandwich it is incredibly strong

4 Likes

Did anyone contact them about them mold for the century 40? do we know if they are willing to sell?

2 Likes

@bboybowzer and his buddies tried asking and I guess you have to buy the whole business to get all the molds

damn them!!! we don’t want all the molds. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

call me crazy but…

get our own molds made (not copying the century 40 cause I know people with freak out…) something designed by the community on the forum for e skate.
550$ per mold

Skateboard mold and Longboard mold designs (snowboardmaterials.com)

have this guy press them locally? he has a sick workshop!

Skateboard Press How Skateboards are Made (customskateboards.com)

2 Likes

I would want the evo front and back with the width of the century or even a little bit wider :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

It would be cool to get a couple different deck styles made with identical midsections, for some enclosure compatibility.

Maybe easiest to do with a seperate bolt on nose and tail of the deck with those aluminum deck extender things.

2 Likes

@Nacho I think we could go longer too. I would love to see a 44-46. I always feel like my stance isn’t wide enough on a 40… but ya wider would be dope with like a w concave.

@Fosterqc that would be great. we could just use an existing enclosure that eboosted keeps in stock and make all the decks for the same enclosure. that some good thinking!

do you guys think this is something we should pursue? do you think we could get enough people to put in on it or make it worth it if I did some leg work ? I think it would be cool to have a community input on deck designs!

4 Likes

who can I contact about a pending order?

Sounds like the liquidators if you don’t hurry.

The rep that came on here is @Bradley but he hasn’t posted in almost exactly a year to the day.

Good luck.

4 Likes