Cheap and good 3d printer…
MK3S :rofl:

4 Likes

I think @magharees has a brand new ender 3 for sale

2 Likes

As much as I love my Mk3S it costs 4-5 times more than the Ender 3

3 Likes

Thanks
Wondered if people print off battery boxes?
Looking to make a nice 12s 6 box

Look on thingyverse, there are one or two designs, but it all depends on what board you have (flex wise) and where you use it ( road or off-road, even gravel).
In future be more precise when you ask a question, you have been posting for a lot of things lately and you only ever write one or 2 lines. We take the time to give you answers a long posts to inform while you explain very little.
Make an effort when asking things to explain what you are looking for and what for :wink::v:

1 Like

I did, works great as long as you design it well, have the right print settings and material.

I can recommend the Anycubic i3 Mega (S). It’s similarly priced, much easier to assemble, easily upgradeable, has a rock solid frame and quite some features more than the Ender 3. There are a lot of resources on the Anycubic, but community overall will be better around the Ender probably.

2 Likes

I know. :+1:

1 Like

The i3 looks nice might go with that a good price as well
Thanks

What happened with the fibreglass enclosure you was making? I think if you stuck with that process you would be happier with the result than learning to design and 3d print an enclosure which will break.

If you are struggling with the fibreglass, post about it in your build thread, explain the problems your having. If nothing else people on this forum love tell others what they are getting wrong ;).

Well, it’s gives ma an excuse.to buy one, Maby I will make a fiberglass one as well, but wanted one that looks nice. Was hoping someone had a really nice design.

Pixel, I’m really sick I try my best but sure do appreciate the help on this. Forum, thanks

Make a mold with your 3dprinter then make it out of fiberglass :smiley:

1 Like

Ender 3

2 Likes

Has anyone done this successfully and posted about it?

not sure, just an idea
for more complex decks it could be simpler just to make the mold out of foam instead of designing it

1 Like

Ender 3

1 Like

I would advise to stick with the Ender 3 just for the sake of how simple it is. Less to go wrong, and really flexible in the future. Just upgraded my anycubic, and realised that the screen is useless with custom software because it has its own OS.
Ender 3 follows the KISS principle perfectly

2 Likes

I see what you mean and won’t advise against the Ender 3 as well, it is definitely solid and has a great community.
But the stock components aren’t great, it is basically a must to swap the mainboard to something useful as the stock one has soldered (awful) motor drivers, no bootloader etc. etc. With the Anycubic you just swap the motor drivers without soldering.

Also the i3 Mega runs standard marlin firmware, it is just extended so it can take commands from the touch screen (whichs runs its very own software, completely separated from the main firmware). There exist custom marlin versions on github that also support the touchscreen.
I run a custom marlin version with working touch screen and my own customizations, like enabled thermal runaway protection and mesh leveling.

Ooh. Would you be willing to PM me the link to these Marlin FW youre talking about?

1 Like

A lot of the recent ender 3s are shipping with bootloaders installed. Arduino uno can add one for dirt cheap as well.

Both of my stock boards have been fine for printing but feel free to upgrade if you really want to.

The only necessary upgrades I see are a glass/mirror plate and a better extruder ($20 total).

My 2 x ender 3s have made me almost $2,000 in under a year :yum::tada:

1 Like