Looking for a good and cheap 3d printer

Hello
Know nothing about printers, would like to get one if there a good one out here?
Was thinking of printing out a battery Box and make it in two sections, does anyone have any Good designs I could have please?
Thanks

2 Likes

Creality Ender 3.
However a 3d printed battery box is not something I would bother with.

3 Likes

I tried a few really cheap kits, print precision wasn’t really great out of the box. Finally went for the alfawise u30 : https://m.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_009954647322.html?wid=1640583
I’m using it a lot and am quite happy with it.

1 Like

Cheap and good 3d printer…
MK3S :rofl:

4 Likes

I think @magharees has a brand new ender 3 for sale

2 Likes

As much as I love my Mk3S it costs 4-5 times more than the Ender 3

3 Likes

Thanks
Wondered if people print off battery boxes?
Looking to make a nice 12s 6 box

Look on thingyverse, there are one or two designs, but it all depends on what board you have (flex wise) and where you use it ( road or off-road, even gravel).
In future be more precise when you ask a question, you have been posting for a lot of things lately and you only ever write one or 2 lines. We take the time to give you answers a long posts to inform while you explain very little.
Make an effort when asking things to explain what you are looking for and what for :wink::v:

1 Like

I did, works great as long as you design it well, have the right print settings and material.

I can recommend the Anycubic i3 Mega (S). It’s similarly priced, much easier to assemble, easily upgradeable, has a rock solid frame and quite some features more than the Ender 3. There are a lot of resources on the Anycubic, but community overall will be better around the Ender probably.

2 Likes

I know. :+1:

1 Like

The i3 looks nice might go with that a good price as well
Thanks

What happened with the fibreglass enclosure you was making? I think if you stuck with that process you would be happier with the result than learning to design and 3d print an enclosure which will break.

If you are struggling with the fibreglass, post about it in your build thread, explain the problems your having. If nothing else people on this forum love tell others what they are getting wrong ;).

Well, it’s gives ma an excuse.to buy one, Maby I will make a fiberglass one as well, but wanted one that looks nice. Was hoping someone had a really nice design.

Pixel, I’m really sick I try my best but sure do appreciate the help on this. Forum, thanks

Make a mold with your 3dprinter then make it out of fiberglass :smiley:

1 Like

Ender 3

2 Likes

Has anyone done this successfully and posted about it?

not sure, just an idea
for more complex decks it could be simpler just to make the mold out of foam instead of designing it

1 Like

Ender 3

1 Like

I would advise to stick with the Ender 3 just for the sake of how simple it is. Less to go wrong, and really flexible in the future. Just upgraded my anycubic, and realised that the screen is useless with custom software because it has its own OS.
Ender 3 follows the KISS principle perfectly

2 Likes