Looking for a deck+enclosure for 12s 5p.

I’m having a hard time looking for a deck and enclosure for my 2nd build. Since I learned how to build a battery pack. My next goal is 12s 5p. The thing is… I can’t find any that’s longboard style. Maybe I am blind or something. lol Help?

You’ll likely have a hard time finding a longboard that’ll fit 12s5p 21700 in a single stack.

My only thoughts would be a 44 from @jamie at Redember, or maybe @tomiboi has an option?

2 Likes

I’ve got a few decks that might of interest to you, but you would have to go with a double stack.

1 Like

Actually, you can also fit 12s5p 21700 in a demonseed 42 enclosure from @eBoosted

Its a tight fit, and you’ll need a small bms, but that works too

4 Likes

@glyphiks beat me to it!

Rayne 42" Demonseed(preferably bamboo/fiberglass) and Eboardsperu enclosure. Can fit up to a 12s5p 21700.

This is my current set up and I absolutely love it. Space is tight with a 12s5p but it’s doable

9 Likes

Wow, you did good to fit an LLT in there

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m absolutely maxed out in this enclosure space wise and It’s a real mess with the motor wires that need to sit perfectly over the ESC. The. V4 RT 6385 has some ungodly long wires.

I’ll third the 42" demonseed as a good choice for a 12s5p setup. This setup was my second build.

1 Like

is there an existing enclosure for the 42?

@eBoosted makes a slick one

Thought it was only for the 44, neat.

Nope, 42". 44" is what the original Demonseed length was.

1 Like

Ftfy :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

well, technically you did too… :wink: this is the eboosted DS42 with a dv6, 12s5p of P42a with an LLT

2 Likes

Is your BMS under the battery? Idk why I never thought of that.

Edit: ahh double stacked. You have the head room to put in under the battery

1 Like

@glyphiks might be able to shed more light on the exact config, he squished it in there somehow. Noticed the battery cells sit a different orientation on the one side, saving some space at the ESC end

2 Likes

I see the BMS now. Basically the same set up with mine(cells being two different orientations). The difference is your BMS is wrapped with heat shrink where mine is all natural.

Its all a blur Dave :crazy_face:

1 Like

technically this was out of my dearly departed 44" panda…

1 Like

No, it wasn’t double stacked - all flat, just tight up against the battery

1 Like