Looking for a deck+enclosure for 12s 5p.

Here it is unwrapped

4 Likes

Hi. Nice set up. Which has me wondering. I’m looking to deck swap to this bamboo demon. Is it flexy or stiff ride. Do your feet lock into the deck? And do you think it would cope with sloping the front shoulders of the board to avoid wheel bite? Thanks in advance

Do you know if it’s a deelite?

The Bamboo boards from Rayne are usually Bamboo sandwiched between two fiberglass layers. These decks are speed stiff and have very little to no flex.

One reason I ride the DS and nemesis is due to the concave. One of my favorite feeling decks. Just make sure to buy the right length for your stance. I feel more locked in on my 39" Nemesis than I do on my 42" Demonseed. Both boards are built identical asides from length. This is something you will have to test out for yourself. Buy a length that feels comfortable while standing with your feet shoulder length apart

You shouldn’t have to worry about adding any angled risers, just make sure you have long enough hangers so you have clearance. I can’t fit 6" on 220mm hangers but I can with 270mm.
I do use half inch rubber risers which help clearance but mainly used for shock absorption.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Perfect. I’ve been searching the Web, to no avail, for this kind of quality feedback. Much appreciated. Looks like I’ll have to buy a hurricane bamboo or hadean bamboo deck as I need the flex. Keep rollin!

No problem! Glad to be of service!

Forgot to say, I don’t run dual kingpin trucks and have them top mounted instead of drop through for wheel clearance. Something you will have to keep in mind

1 Like

might chime in here too, if it’s the Rayne Demonseed Composite 42 you’re referring to, it’s a little flexier compared to the Demonseed Wave Camo which is maple. 100% do not recommend chopping near the drop, this is where my 44 Demonseed failed.

1 Like

Not by much though. My composite demonseed and nemesis are both very stiff with minimal flex. Sometimes Rayne puts out a deelite version which is bamboo without the fiberglass layers.

If you need flex, Rayne may not be the brand to look at. Most everything they put out is speed stiff.

1 Like

New bamboo Zeus pro is 13s5p p42 molicel. Just put a vesc in that and be done.

1 Like

Might want to be careful there. Production board batteries often route discharge through the BMS, which could cut power on you if you try and draw more than the stock setup does. I used a 13S4P zeus pro battery in my diy and it worked great till i began pushing more amps, had it completely shut off during a hard acceleration test.

Yeah easy enough to bypass for charge only. I did the same with my onsra.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of a deelite version. If I can’t find a 42 version then I’ll just pick up a hurricane bamboo, as I think it’s the biggest out of the bunch for production boards options.

1 Like