Lookin for batteries 10s2p+

Something at least 160mm wide if I’m going with a metro board battery

@Bordboy

do you have any solid leads? i have a 12s2p that just came out of a board that got upgraded. i don’t know what to do with it, could probably let it go real cheap. pm if interested if you’re into 12s.

2 Likes

Looking for a battery? Want the best of the best for nearly dirt cheap?? Then head down to @M.Hboards for all your battery build needs. He offers fully customizable batteries catered to all your esk8 needs. Don’t got cash?? He’ll gladly accept healthy human organs as payment as well!

All seriousness, can’t recommend him enough. Awesome dude

5 Likes

160mm wide is not hard to achieve for an enclosure. You’d have a hard time finding one that’s too narrow.

Realistically, like any project. Best way is to set a budget and get the best one from there. If your budget is under 150, chances are it’s the metro.
If you go above that, maybe 230ish, someone would probably build you a 10s2p out of 18650s since That’s only like $80 in cells so it becomes lucrative.

Self promoting but why not :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

check this out. maybe not the best way, but arguably cheap. and very tough. I got a few hundred miles on that enclosure, and more than a few pretty good hits to it and no cracks

When in doubt buy one for ~$40…
My secret, hoverboard battery replacements, all over eBay/amazon

2 Likes

After all the suggestions I might try and make my own enclosure and spend a little extra to get a bigger metroboard battery. That seems like the best use of money, plus I get a bigger battery out of it.

12s is just too much power. I don’t need that kind of power for what I’m running so the headroom isn’t quite worth it. Unlike bioboards I don’t need 50mph easy, I’d like to keep my head in place

Thanks for the offers and the help though it’s all appreciated

1 Like

How about these. The cheapest

1 Like

You can electronically limit your speed with a 12S. The benefit of 12S is less current draw and possibly longer run time

If you need an enclosure on the cheap, checkout https://diyelectricskateboard.com/products/12s2p-enclosure

They aren’t wide enough for the metroboard batteries. Believe me I checked. I want to get one of the thinner ones, and they’re 160mm wide, while these enclosures are less than that, I don’t remember exactly but it wasn’t gonna work

These are also not 160mm I definitely looked into them though

1 Like

dauuymm $10 enclosures!

1 Like

Theres also this one that has enough space for a 10s5p:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000150971517.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.680c13dawyZLnP&algo_pvid=48558929-d777-47d4-a6f7-bd2331e17b5c&algo_expid=48558929-d777-47d4-a6f7-bd2331e17b5c-7&btsid=d6314f35-e495-45fb-8514-24a3ceadd8c2&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_53

1 Like

Also not 160mm wide but I appreciate the suggestions

I did a budget build and found (2) 10s3p lg MH1 batteries, 10s6p in parallel and an enclosure for $190 shipped.

2 Likes

How well does that work? They seem kinda sketchy. Is the power output good, because 20A seems low, but 40A seems better.

I did it on another board, two cheap pre built 10s2p batteries in parallel. My real world experience… top speed was approximately 25mph with one battery. The minute I wired them in parallel I was able to hit 32mph. In my mind doubling the capacity increased the ability to sustain the discharge.

My thoughts are the setup I posted will offer more than enough discharge rate for the esc I’m using.

Battery experts can jump in, but that’s what I’ve experienced.

With regards to these batteries. I have no clue how they will work, but if the specs are right I’d say pretty darn good.

1 Like

With nearly 700wh I’m hoping for some awesome range :slight_smile:

Was supposed to be a PM to @Bordboy about his 12s .

1 Like