Long time lurker, 1st time poster. Project: Up in Smoke

Hi I’m Alice(not Alice), and I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole.

I picked up a consumer board about a month back and somehow ended up here wanting to build my own board(s)!

For my first build I’m going to be electrocuting an Omakase Roe with a 12s5p Molicel 21700 p42a that I’m also going to build myself. First time for everything, here we go!

Project code name: Up in Smoke

15 Likes

Omakase is a dreamy platform. Stoked to see your progress!

3 Likes

Hello Alice not Alice!

I’m working on a 12s2p Omakase right now, 12s5p is gonna be a monster! Post progress pics!

2 Likes

Well it’s a bunch of bones at the moment, not even a skeleton. Parts waiting to be ordered, parts arriving from China, but I’ll post the mess that is Up in Smoke.

P.S. I don’t actually have a cells so I am making do.

y

3 Likes

Wow I’ve never seen dummy cells made before. You’re a thorough planner

1 Like

I’m a visual learner, needed to be done, lol.

1 Like

I printed some dummy P groups for my battery build. Helped a lot with visualizing etc

4 Likes

I received some wood inserts and trucks, going to get the enclosure fitted tonight.

2 Likes

Welcome to the addiction of building lol

looks at stacks of board parts

7 Likes

We got ourselves a rolling chassis now.

4 Likes

What helmet and enclosure will you be using?

I picked up the BKB Duo enclosure.
My helmet is the Ruroc RG1DX Stormtrooper.

2 Likes

I’ll update again once some more parts arrive from China, middle of April. For now here is what she looks like.

5 Likes

yours

1 Like

Just a little update:
Stickers from China, Mod Podge from Wal Mart.

2 Likes

Does anyone have experience with these pulleys or this company in general? Aluminum Flywheel Pulley – ElectricBoardSolutions I’m looking for a pulley system to fit my BKB Caliber II trucks. Also, if you know the length of the M6 screws so I can order custom. Cheers.

bolt-on pulleys suck

2 Likes

Any recommendations for pulleys that will fit on Caliber II trucks? I’d like to rock MBS all terrain wheels.

Don’t use calibur trucks. I’d look at boardnamics 184’s. They’re far superior to caliburs and don’t break the bank. Lots of mount and pulley options with that drivetrain as well.

Pro tip- where possible, buy all your drivetrain parts from the same vendor. This ensures everything will work as it should.

3 Likes

Whats wrong with bolt on? :sweat_smile:

1 Like