"Lone Warrior" | Trampa HS11 | 80100 Single Motor 2WD | Arc200 | E-TOXX Chaindrive

Think about the GPS thing. :slight_smile:

I don’t like GPS too much for tracking speed and distance as it tends to overestimate both. The positions you get from the GPS receiver will never be your exact position, instead they will be a bit left or right from you resulting in a zig-zag path that is significantly longer than the actual path (straight line) you took. That effect gets worse if you only have a few satellites locked. So accuracy will always vary depending on where you ride (forest -> bad, city with large buildings -> bad).

If you take motor RPM, gear ratio and wheel size, given everything is measured correctly and calibrated well, this will give you an overall better result in my opinion, in particular it is very consistent. You shouldn’t have much wheelspin though, obviously :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The tyres will get bigger as you speed up, caused by the centripetal forces. If you can calculate that, you be a master at that.:joy:

1 Like

That’s true, but I don’t think the effect will be very big especially with higher pressures. At least it’s better than getting distance from GPS with ~10 meters precision, which isn’t uncommon. Just imagine you get one coordinate 5m left of you, the next 5m to the right and so on :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

lmao, lots of wires and clean af!
Richtig gut,dude.

1 Like

I have to throw this in even if i know it is not nessecary in any way.
Would it be possible to mount the motor centered instead of on one side?
That would appear so much better, and i could imagine that its a bit better to have the shafts on both sides the same length.

From an aesthetic point of view that would be an improvement, mechanically I think it doesn’t make a big difference as there is a support bearing on the other side anyway. And sure it’s possible, but atm the motor is mounted at it’s intended position using its 80mm adapter on the E-Toxx drive, which is obviously the simplest way. Mounting it in the middle would require to build a robust “offset” structure. I don’t have a good idea for that, other than making a custom CNCed part :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

that was exactly the point i wanted to know. If it is possible with the available mounts or not…
Maybe a good guess to add a second bearing then :wink:
Would kepp things very reliable i bet.

1 Like

I think it’s not. You have this “adapter” which is a small aluminum plate that you screw to the motor and it gives you threads that have the same pattern as the smaller 63mm motors which you normally use on this drivetrain. Then you can screw the motor with the adapter attached to the side bracket. To get the motor closer to the center, the adapter would need to be a lot thicker.

1 Like

maybe there is a chance for a bigger crossbar where you can mount the motor to with available mounts :man_shrugging:
oder is das ne eselei?
Wahrscheinlich hahhahhaa
maybe 2 motor mounts per side mounted against each other to get the motor to the wanted position or something(hooked to the crossbar) ? :man_shrugging:

It would be more complicated for sure :smile:

Until this motor is done (I have a spare one in the drawer) I won’t touch the drivetrain. Simply for the reason that everything is glued (shaft, pinions) :joy:

2 Likes

Surely just a model of thoughts.
I dont want you to change anything, dude.
Just thinking abstract is what i love, bc everthing is possible.

1 Like

So, I added some more interesting data to the “session summary” part of the app and added a data table to view the logs directly on the phone. Each column is sortable, so you can find all min and max values easily.

The app is also calculating wh/km now. Turns out, my manual calculation was completely off, because I made an error in one of the calculations and when I sanity checked that using the batteries capacity + nominal voltage + range, I missed that I actually only used half of the capacity during the last ride @Pedrodemio.

Actual efficiency is: 20.2 wh/km (32.5 wh/mi), so a lot better than initially thought :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Indeed a lot better, have you played around with tire pressure? Last night I played with a friend in my Trampa, just on analog, and with the tires pumped as much as I could with a hand pump it runs really well

Once running I want to fix a route see how it looks and if there is an optimum between comfort and efficiency. But even with them at max it’s way better than anything I have ridden

This app is looking awesome, you should make a version that works with VESC, and if available on iOS I would buy without thinking twice, the only good option we have is Metr, and with multiple boards it starts to get expensive having one module for each

2 Likes

Not yet, but it should be close to max already if it didn’t lose much since I assembled the board in December :sweat_smile:

Thanks. It actually is platform independent, theoretically it should compile fine for iOS. When I switch to VESCs someday and have too much time, maybe I’ll make a VESC version :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wanna play around with one?:wink:

Is that some kind of an offer? :grin: But the thing is I don’t have time for something like that at the moment, all my free time goes into working on the board on riding it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My spare fsesc is flying around.

Thanks for the offer, but I just don’t have the time right now :pray:

My lone Arc200 recently got a brother, so that they eventually can join forces in a dual motor upgrade.

Motors for this upgrade are still to be determined as two 80100 don’t fit the chain drive. I am thinking about adequately battle hardened APS 8085s as it is basically the same motor I already know quite well.

This upgrade will have to wait a bit though, as I want to do an ebike conversion first, and then I will build a suitable high discharge battery for the dual motors :slight_smile:

10 Likes