From the collab site: “Featuring premium Orangatang motor liners”

Smart move if true.

found a video

1 Like

Do loaded own Orangatang ?

2 Likes

Orangutang sleeves??? Well paint my wagon

2 Likes

There’s a collet that fits into the axle pointing outward that grips the motors so it spins as it should. It’s all a matter of tightening the motor down against it.

2 Likes

Yes they do

1 Like

I see stuff like this all the time. Maxfind, but since you asked…

2 Likes

thanks for this but it’s not the same functionality as what rideunlimited has.

You want exactly what Ride Unlimited is offering, but in a cheap clone version? Pretty sure that doesn’t exist.

Keep an eye out for the Revel DD, however. Depending on the price, might be a nice option.

4 Likes

I’ve been secretly hoping and wishing that they would get their heads out of their asses and get into it the right way.

I thought them breaking up with boosted was the catalyst of them pushing their own out. My local skate shop owner and I were talking about them as a brand, they are hurting in our area. Their decks are amazing for push boarding and very high quality. But the new kids getting into longboarding would much rather grab a cheaper sector 9 for half the price of a loaded deck.

They have some great designers and great tech in their decks…they just need to spend some time on the forums and talk to a bunch of DIY’ers to really make an impact, it can be done and I hope one day they do it.

5 Likes

There’s no downside to picking brains on the forum. Mostly great ideas for free, and a strong possibility for initial sales if you listen and implement.

2 Likes

I just wish more companies did it!

Poor advice, poor research and mainly a reluctance to actually do it.

2 Likes

Are you guys seriously surprised they went with the cheapest specs and marked it up 2-3x?

Imagine they had elofty DD’s, FESC, 30Q batteries and marked it up from there… It would easily cost $2.5-3k
If they went with even better specs? ($5k+)

This v1 product is meant for adaptation for the mass markets. “Regular” people wont spend $2-3k on an electric board.

And they wont “not mark up”. They are a huge international company with huge overhead and marketing costs. If they were somehow “forced” to not mark up, it literally would not be worth their time doing.

Despite the specs being fairly garbage for the price, I’d say its a step forward when people get hooked to sk8 and search up alternatives that’ll lead them to better boards (meepo, diy, kaly, laroix, etc)

4 Likes

Got them Otang sleeves in today and boy are they the cat’s pajamas. Slapped it on a Loaded Cantellated Tesseract with Paris V3 43 Degree trucks. Thane formula from a legit company makes a huge difference. I almost forgot I was actually riding hubs for a sec on these. Excuse me while I go buy a set of Hummie’s hubs.

17 Likes

how’s the ride so far with the kit?
which is closer to esc comparison? hobbywing or meepo?

edit

nevermind i noticed it is the original rideunlimited

Not sure if the motors or the kit has changed in the new Loaded version with the exception of the green motor plate. The ESC feels in between the LingYi and Hobbywing. On pro mode it pulls quite hard and the brakes are strong but not jerky. There is a user defined mode in the phone app where you can adjust the acceleration(“Punch”, braking (“Brake Punch”), hill climbing ability (it’s labeled “Power” so I can only assume that’s what it does, acceleration and braking might be scaled by this value), Speed Limit (Maximum speed is set to 50 KPH).

1 Like

oh i forgot there’s an app to finetune stuff

I’ve been following their IG. Looks interesting but some internet folks had bad things to say.

1 Like

maybe it’s the case to be a little cautious till the problems are fixed:

3 Likes